Pizza night or a pizza party can be a great way to bring people together. But what is the best thing to serve to go along with the main course? Here are 25 easy and delicious pizza side dishes to take pizza night to the next level.
What is it about pizza that makes it so craveable and always a crowd pleaser?
It's amazing what a little olive oil, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce or marinara sauce, and some of your favorite toppings can do!
We usually have family pizza night once a week, and it's often the best part of our week! And if you're like us, we like to add some delicious side dishes to the main meal for a complete dinner.
🍕 What you need for pizza night
If you're making your own pizza dough from scratch, try our easy homemade pizza dough recipe. This recipe requires simple ingredients you can find in any grocery store and has been my family's favorite pizza dough for decades!
🥗 Perfect pizza side dish
Whether you're looking for vegetarian appetizers like mozzarella sticks, garlic bread, fruit salad or onion rings, or a meaty tasty side like chicken wings, these side dishes are the perfect complement to a slice of pizza. You'll find some air fryer recipes and some Instant Pot recipes, too, which means these are quick and easy.
These are some of the best side dishes, and we think you will love any of these delicious recipes!
👩🏽🍳 Pizza side dish FAQs
If you've been invited to a pizza party and want to bring the perfect side dish, consider something that will travel well. For example, you don't want a hot dish to cool down too much or a crispy one to get soggy. A great side dish option might be garlic knots, buffalo chicken bites, or soft pretzel bites.
🍕 Pizza night tools & equipment
Whether you have regular family pizza nights or you're hosting a birthday pizza party, here are some kitchen tools to help you have the best pizza experience.
- Pizza peel: A pizza peel can help you slide your pizzas in and out of the oven like a pro.
- Pizza stone: If you don't have a pizza oven, a pizza stone will help heat up the pizza in a standard kitchen oven quickly and give it a nice professional crust.
- Pizza cutter: This sturdy wheeled pizza cutter is great for cutting pizza, as well as pie crust and pastry dough.
- Meat thermometer: These meat thermometers are the key to having perfectly cooked pies.
- Pizza oven: If you regularly host pizza nights, consider getting an Ooni pizza oven. The leading brand name in modern pizza ovens, this is a top of the line kitchen must for home cooks who love their pizza!
🍽 More great side dishes
As you can see, there are so many possibilities beyond the basic french fries and tater tots! The next time you're looking for an easy recipe for pizza sides, try any of the ones listed above. Or, here are a few more great ideas:
Did you make any of these recipes? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating and comment below letting us know which one you made and how it turned out. Thank you!