This Pineapple Mango Sorbet recipe is a refreshing tropical treat that's easy to make!
Summertime is all about warm sunshine and cool treats. In the absence of traveling to the tropics, it's easy to transport ourselves instead via food and drink.
🌟 Why you'll love this pineapple mango sorbet
This pineapple mango sorbet recipe instantly conjures up the feeling of being on a warm, tropical island. Salty sea breezes, crisp ocean air, silky sand under your feet. Ahhh...
Sorbet is ice cream's sexier, healthier cousin. I love it not only because it's dairy-free, but because sorbet tastes so FRESH.
This mango sorbet recipe uses fresh pineapple, mango, and lime. So you know what is in every scoop of yummy goodness.
🥭 Ingredient notes
You only need four ingredients to make this sorbet:
- chopped pineapple
- chopped mango
- granulated sugar
- lime juice
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Making this summer sorbet is super easy!
- Simply blend all of the ingredients together in a high powered blender.
2. Pour blended ingredients into your prepared (pre-frozen) ice cream maker.
3. Churn according to manufacturer directions. Most of the sorbet I make is done in about 10 to 15 minutes. You'll know it's done when the liquid ingredients have thickened up, sort of like to the consistency of a thick smoothie.
4. Pour the sorbet mixture into a loaf pan or an ice cream container. Freeze for at least an hour.
🍨 Kitchen tools and equipment
The first thing you need is an ice cream maker. I have used this Cuisinart ice cream maker for over 10 years, and it's still going strong!
🍍 Serving ideas
There are so many fun ways to serve this pineapple mango sorbet!
I like to cut the pineapple pieces out that I will use in the sorbet. Then I hollow out the inside of one half of the pineapple and freeze it until I am ready to use it. Once the sorbet is nearly frozen, I scoop it into the hollowed-out pineapple half. I freeze it until it's completely frozen and serve it in the pineapple half.
It's such a fun and festive way to enjoy this delicious tropical treat!
🍦 More ice cream recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Pineapple Mango Sorbet
- 2 cups packed cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups packed cubed mango
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Add pineapple, mango, sugar, and lime juice to a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour mixture in an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions. Most sorbet is done churning in about 10-15 minutes. The sorbet should have thickcened up to resemble a thick smoothie-like texture.
- Once done, transfer sorbet to an airtight container.
- Chill in the freezer for 4-6 hours, until fully frozen.
Keep sorbet in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.