This Pineapple Mango Sorbet recipe is a refreshing tropical treat that's easy to make!
Summertime is all about warm sunshine and cool treats. In the absence of traveling to the tropics, it's easy to transport ourselves instead via food and drink.
Pineapple Mango Sorbet recipe
This pineapple mango sorbet recipe instantly conjures up the feeling of being on a warm, tropical island. Salty sea breezes, crisp ocean air, silky sand under your feet. Ahhh...
Sorbet is ice cream's sexier, healthier cousin. I love it not only because it's dairy-free, but because sorbet tastes so FRESH.
This mango sorbet recipe uses fresh pineapple, mango, and lime. So you know what is in every scoop of yummy goodness.
What you need to make this sorbet
The first thing you need is an ice cream maker. I have used this Cuisinart ice cream maker for over 10 years, and it's still going strong!
Next, gather your ingredients.
You'll need granulated sugar.
Finely chopped pineapple.
Lime juice, either store-bought or freshly squeezed.
How to make this Pineapple Mango Sorbet recipe
Making this summer sorbet is super easy!
Simply blend all of the ingredients together in a high powered blender.
Pour blended ingredients into your prepared (pre-frozen) ice cream maker.
Churn according to manufacturer directions. Most of the sorbet I make is done in about 10 to 15 minutes. You'll know it's done when the liquid ingredients have thickened up, sort of like to the consistency of a thick smoothie.
Pour the sorbet mixture into Freeze
How to serve this tropical sorbet
There are so many fun ways to serve this pineapple mango sorbet!
I like to cut the pineapple pieces out that I will use in the sorbet. Then I hollow out the inside of one half of the pineapple and freeze it until I am ready to use it.
Once the sorbet is nearly frozen, I scoop it into the hollowed-out pineapple half. I freeze it until it's completely frozen and serve it in the pineapple half.
It's such a fun and festive way to enjoy this delicious tropical treat!
More summer dessert recipes
- Tropical Margarita Popsicles
- Strawberry Rhubarb Popsicles
- Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipe: Boozy Chocolate Peanut Butter Floats
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Vegan, Dairy-Free)
- Easy Homemade Unicorn Magic Shell for Ice Cream Cake
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream (Dairy-Free, Vegan)
Pineapple Mango Sorbet
- 2 cups packed cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups packed cubed mango
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Add pineapple, mango, sugar, and lime juice to a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour mixture in an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions. Most sorbet is done churning in about 10-15 minutes. The sorbet should have thickcened up to resemble a thick smoothie-like texture.
- Once done, transfer sorbet to an airtight container.
- Chill in the freezer for 4-6 hours, until fully frozen.
Keep sorbet in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.