This Whole30 Salsa recipe is full of flavor and deliciously addictive! Perfect with chips, tacos, nachos, huevos rancheros, served simply over chicken, and more. This restaurant style blender salsa takes just 15 minutes to make!
Does anyone else out there have a salsa addiction? I love, love, LOVE salsa!
Salsa is such a versatile condiment. In addition to the classic chips and dip, I love salsa on eggs, in tacos, on pizzas, on chicken or fish. So many delicious possibilities!
Over the years, I've experimented with several different salsa styles and ingredients. While I love making our chunky style salsa in this Easy Pico De Gallo recipe, and I love flavored salsas like this Mango Pico de Gallo, this restaurant style Whole30 salsa is my Go To recipe.
Here's what I've found to be the secret to homemade restaurant-style salsa.
🌶️ Why you'll love this Whole30 restaurant-style salsa
This is seriously the BEST Whole30 salsa recipe! It's the one that I personally make several times a month and keep in our refrigerator.
- Easy - This is an easy salsa recipe that gives you yummy, restaurant style salsa in minutes.
- Fast - You can whip up this blender salsa in 10 minutes!
- Flavorful - You can adjust the flavors and spices so easily to your liking!
🍅 Ingredient notes
This blender salsa recipe calls for just 5 simple ingredients that are Whole30 compliant.
- Tomatoes - Use canned fire-roasted organic tomatoes, or fresh Roma tomatoes if they are in season.
- Cilantro - substitute parsley if you prefer, but if you like cilantro, feel free to add more. I do!
- Jalapeño - Jalapeño peppers tend to be on the milder side as far as peppers go in the spicy range. Use more or less, or use a spicier pepper if you want more spice.
- Onions - The use of both white onions and red onions adds a nice depth of flavor to each bite.
- Spices - I prefer cumin, salt, and pepper. You can always add in some cayenne pepper or paprika if you'd like.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
The full instructions are at the bottom of this post. But it's really super easy!
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a blender.
Step 2: Blend the ingredients together until the salsa reaches your preferred level of chunkiness/smoothness.
That's it! You've got restaurant style blender salsa in just minutes!
👩🏻🍳 Cooking tips and recipe FAQs
I love this salsa because it's packed with flavor, and easy to customize the heat to your personal preference. If you like it spicier, add more jalapeño.
I am a garlic fiend, so sometimes I will throw in an extra clove of garlic. Once you make this restaurant-style salsa, feel free to experiment with other add-in ingredients that you might like.
🌮 Serving ideas
Salsa is so versatile, which is one of the many reasons I love it so. I use this restaurant-style salsa with:
- standard chips & dip
- over scrambled eggs in the morning for Salsa Eggs
- as a base or as a topping for taco pizza
- with tacos, burritos, and quesadillas
- as the sauce for making fresh taco pasta (as opposed to making it with Taco Tuesday leftovers)
- and so much more!
What would YOU also use this salsa for?
More Mexican-inspired recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Whole30 Restaurant-Style Salsa
- 2 14 ounce cans of fire-roasted tomatoes, slightly drained
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 Tablespoon diced and seeded jalapeno
- 1 cup cilantro leaves de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup diced white onion
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a food processor, pulse all ingredients together until you reach your desired consistency.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.