This Easy Mango Pico de Gallo recipe is so simple and easy to make in about 15 minutes. Full of sweet summer flavors, this is great to serve with chips or as a condiment over fish, hot dogs, burgers, chicken, and seafood.
🌟 Why you'll love this mango pico de gallo
This Mango Pico de Gallo is a summer staple in our house. I LOVE IT, and think you will, too!
- You can make it with just 6 ingredients.
- It takes just 10-15 minutes to make.
- The bright, fresh mangos bring tropical flavors that make this dish sing of summer.
- You can use this summer mango salsa for SO many different dishes - not just as a dip for chips!
🥭 Ingredient notes
Mango - Use two ripe mangos (see FAQs below for how to choose a ripe mango). You can also use frozen mango chunks, just be sure to thaw the mango in the refrigerator overnight before you make it and chop into smaller even pieces.
Tomato - I use Roma tomatoes, but you can use any other tomato that you like! Try to dice the tomatoes to the same size as the mango pieces.
Red Onion - Red onion adds contrasting sharpness to the sweet fruit. You can use yellow onion instead if that's what you have on hand.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl
- Mix ingredients together until well combined. Then serve or refrigerate for up to 24 hours until you are ready to serve.
It's that fast and easy!
When you pick up a mango, it should give slightly if you give it a very, very gentle squeeze. If the mango doesn't give, it's not ready; if it feels softer like a ripe peach or avocado, it's ready.
You can also tell by smell: ripe mangoes will give off a sweet smell when you smell around the stem. Because there are so many different types of mangoes, color is not necessarily an indication of ripeness.
Many people think that the amount of redness in the skin indicates how ripe a mango is -- and quite frankly, sometimes the ripest mangoes really do have more red on their skin -- but in most cases, the red color usually just indicates how much sun that mango got.
You can make this salsa up to 24-hours in advance of serving and refrigerate in an airtight container. In fact, I prefer to allow the ingredients to sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving. This allows the tomatoes, mango, and red onions to soak up the lime juice, making it extra tasty!
🍽 What to serve with this mango pico de gallo
This fruity pico de gallo is delicious served as a dip for tortilla chips.
What drinks to serve with this dish
Serve this mango salsa with refreshing margaritas, our Tropical Rosé Sangria, or with a chilled Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
👧🏻🧒🏻 How kids can help make this recipe
Here are some of the tasks that kids can help you with to make this recipe:
- Little kids: younger kids who aren't yet skilled at chopping can help measure out the ingredients after you chop them. They can also help stir the ingredients all together.
- Older kids: older children who have been taught safe knife skills can carefully chop the mango, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, and garlic.
- Kids of all ages: can help pick the cilantro leaves off the stems and discard the stems, and they can add the lime juice. They can also help toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Be sure to carefully supervise your kids in the kitchen as they learn these cooking skills!
More summer recipes
We've got lots of yummy summer recipes for chicken, fish, steak, seafood, and vegetarian options!
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Easy Mango Pico de Gallo
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours to allow ingredients to marinade before serving.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
This post was first published on July 17, 2015. It was update with all new photos, additional helpful cooking tips and information, and updated recipe on June 23, 2022.