Add some tropical flavors to your summer BBQs, picnics, and al fresco dinners with this easy, delicious pineapple mango salsa recipe!
Summer is here, and it's time to celebrate the fresh fruits and vegetables of the season!
When the weather heats up, we love switching out our regular year-round pico de gallo and blender salsa for this pineapple mango salsa.
🌟 Why this summer salsa is the best
Let's talk about how delicious and summery this salsa is.
- It has just 7 ingredients plus salt and pepper.
- You can make this salsa in about 15 minutes.
- It's a great make-ahead party dish for your BBQs, picnics, and other summer gatherings.
- Serve it with chips, or as a topping for grilled chicken, hot dogs, grilled fish, and more!
🍍🥭 Ingredient notes
Tomatoes - Tomatoes are a traditional salsa ingredient, and they're great for added color in this fruit-based salsa. The tomatoes also soak up the lime juice, garlic, and ginger as well as the pineapple does, and the flavor complements tropical fruits so well.
Mango - The mango adds another layer of exotic flavor to this salsa. And, the sweetness of the mango helps balance the tartness that can come with the puckery pineapple taste.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Now let's discuss just how EASY this pineapple mango salsa is to put together.
- Chop the pineapple, mango, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Toss together. Serve.
SO ridiculously easy, right? That means you'll have extra time on your hands to fancy up the presentation!
Yes! You can use fresh chopped pineapple or canned pineapple chunks.
You can make the salsa 24 hours in advance and refrigerate in an airtight container until you are ready to serve.
🍍 Fun serving ideas
I love using hollowed out fruit that is used in a dish as a serving dish itself. Some fruits lend themselves easily to this: cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew and, of course, pineapple.
If you want to use the pineapple for the salsa itself, cut the pineapple in half, and then use a knife to carefully cut out the inside without cutting through the sides or bottom of the pineapple. Then you can use the pineapple for the salsa and use the hollowed out pineapple as a serving bowl for the salsa.
🍽 What to serve with this fruit salsa
We love serving this pineapple mango salsa with tortilla chips. But it would go so well served over Grilled Pineapple Chicken, Cider Grilled Chicken.
It can also be substituted for the slaw in these Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
Or use it as a topping for grilled hot dogs
🍹Drink pairings for pineapple mango salsa
Serve this summer salsa with a refreshing, cool margarita!
👧🏻🧒🏻 How kids can help make this recipe
Here are some of the tasks that kids can help you with to make this recipe:
- Little kids: younger kids who aren't yet skilled at chopping can help measure out the ingredients after you chop them. They can also help stir the ingredients all together.
- Older kids: older children who have been taught safe knife skills can carefully chop the mango, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and ginger. The pineapple can be trickier to chop, so it's a job best left for adults or high school/college age kids.
- Kids of all ages: can help pick the cilantro leaves off the stems and discard the stems, and they can add the lime juice. They can also help toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Be sure to carefully supervise your kids in the kitchen as they learn these cooking skills!
☀️ More Summer Recipes
Looking for more summer recipes? We've got a lot of chicken, steak, fish, and vegetarian recipes to keep you cool and satisfied all summer long!
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 chopped mango
- 2 chopped Roma tomatoes with seeds removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or as a topping for nachos, burgers, tacos, and more!
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
This post was originally published on July 1, 2016. It was updated with all new photos, additional helpful cooking tips and content, and republished on June 14, 2022.
Yum! I absolutely love fruit salsa and this one is delicious.
This pineapple mango salsa is my absolute favorite type of dip.SO delicious!
Renee @ The Good Hearted Woman says
Great timing, Marlynn! I'm responsible for the food for a big party (35+ people) this weekend, and we are having Hawaiian BBQ chicken - this i=will be perfect on the side!!
I love pineapple, but had never tried it in salsa. so yummy!
Oh this is divine! I'm a big fan of salsa so I'm always loving the changes that can be made to it!
Betsy Todd says
This is very delicious
Kyla Matton Osborne says
Pineapple and mango together? Too much! Couldn't wait to try this salsa myself. Yum!
I LOVE this pineapple salsa! It's one of my favorites!
This is fantastic! It looks so pretty with the colors and the flavors are a perfect balance of citrus and acid for a BBQ or any savory dish!
I always buy the store bought pineapple mango salsa. This tastes 100 % better. Definitely pinning!
Mary @ Vindulge says
I LOVE the presentation inside the hollowed pineapple! This sounds delicious BTW, and I bet it would also be great with some grilled fish. So refreshing!
I make Mexican food once or twice a week for dinner, but 99% of the time I use store-bought salsa. How boring! I should try all your salsa recipes this summer as we have so much incredible produce right now! Plus it's so easy.