Looking for a flavorful, quick, satisfying meal? Try this recipe for Sesame Garlic Noodles with Steak! It's a hearty quick lunch or dinner that's easy to whip up in less than 30 minutes.
For me, noodles are life!
I could eat Italian pasta dishes, Cajun pasta, Filipino noodles, and all kinds of other Asian noodles all day every day. Plus, I crave Chinese food at least once a week.
If you're short on time but still want those big flavors, this delicious recipe for Steak and Sesame Garlic Noodles is a great way to satisfy your taste buds!
🌟 What makes these noodles amazing
These sesame garlic noodles are amazing! There are so many reasons to love them. Here's my top four:
- It's versatile - you can use almost whatever type of noodle, protein, and vegetables you have on hand. And makes a great main dish or side dish.
- It's fast- you can make these noodles in under 30 minutes. A great recipe for busy weeknights!
- Full of flavor - the flavorful sauce is so delicious, and the veggies add lovely crunch and texture to the dish.
- Simple ingredients - this dish uses common pantry ingredients you can easily find at local grocery stores
- Kid-friendly - most kids love noodles, and the best part is that this is a dish that you can easily adapt to your kids' tastes. So your whole family will love it!
🛒 Ingredient notes
Steak - The best steak to use in this simple recipe is either a pound of flank steak or flat iron steak. Make sure you slice the steak very thin so that it cooks up quickly and evenly in the wok.
Noodles - You can use ramen noodles or yakisoba noodles for this recipe. If your packages of noodles come with a flavor/seasoning packet, make sure you discard those packets or save them for use in a different recipe.
Vegetables - This recipe calls for a delicious combo of some of my favorite stir fry vegetables: red bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli. But you can substitute other crunchy vegetables that you like. Good substitutions would include asparagus, snap peas, and orange, yellow, or green bell peppers.
Garlic - My recipe calls for 4 cloves of minced garlic but feel free to adjust to your taste preferences.
Toasted sesame oil - This adds a nice nutty flavor to this noodle dish.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Exact measurements of ingredients and instructions are in the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this post. Here are some helpful tips to guide you as you make this sesame garlic noodles recipe.
- First, slice the steak into thin slices and season the steak with salt and pepper. Chop your veggies.
Make the garlic sesame sauce
2. In a large bowl, combine some regular soy sauce, fresh garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Make the noodles
3. Boil a large pot of water and cook the two packages of ramen noodles according to package instructions (discard the seasoning packets).
4. Meanwhile, in a large wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Then add the steak and stir fry until cooked. Once browned on all sides, remove to a plate and set aside.
5. Add the chopped red bell pepper, carrots, and broccoli to the wok. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, just until the vegetables are slightly softened.
6. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir.
7. Add the noodles to the wok and stir to coat the noodles.
8. Then add the steak and stir to combine all ingredients.
9. Serve with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
👩🏽🍳 Recipe FAQs
Inexpensive, readily available ramen noodles are the best for this recipe! But you can also use yakisoba noodles, or even regular spaghetti.
You'll want to use crunchy, hearty vegetables for a stir-fry recipe like this. Instead of red bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli, you could use snap peas, asparagus, or green, orange, or yellow bell peppers. You could even add some thinly sliced green or red cabbage.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat, toss with some sesame oil in a wok over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. You can also heat up leftovers in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave, but the vegetables won't be as crisp as if you reheat on the stovetop.
🥘 Kitchen tools and equipment
For this recipe, there are two main pots and pans that you need:
Wok - Use a large wok to stir-fry the ingredients. The high sided, curved walls of woks allow food to cook up quickly.
Large pot - you'll need a large pot to boil water and cook the noodles.
🍽 What to serve with these noodles
Sesame garlic steak noodles are a delicious complete meal all on their own. But you can round out this Asian-inspired meal with soups and sides that complement the soy-sauce base, like any of these in our Best Asian Side Dishes recipe collection.
🍷 Best wine pairings for sesame garlic noodles
Pair these noodles with either a Gewürztraminer or an off-dry Riesling.
More related recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Sesame Garlic Noodles with Steak
Sesame Garlic Sauce
- 2 packages yakisoba noodles
- 1 pound flat iron steak or flank steak, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled into thin ribbons or julienned
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 scallion stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Make the sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Make the noodles
- In a large pot, boil water and cook the two packages of ramen noodles according to package directions (discard the seasoning packets).
- Meanwhile, in a large wok over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Then add the steak and stir fry until cooked. Once browned on all sides, remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper, carrots, and broccoli to the wok. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, just until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir. Add the noodles to the wok and stir to coat the noodles. Then add the steak and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Serve with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.