Looking for a flavorful, quick, satisfying meal? Try this recipe for Steak and Sesame Garlic Noodles! It's a hearty lunch or dinner that's easy to whip up in less than 30 minutes.
For me, noodles are life!
I could eat Italian pasta dishes, Cajun pasta, Filipino noodles, and all kinds of other Asian noodles all day every day. And if you're short on time but still want big flavors, this recipe for Steak and Sesame Garlic Noodles is sure to satisfy!
🌟 What makes these noodles amazing
These sesame garlic noodles are amazing! There are so many reasons to love them. Here's my top four:
- It's versatile: you can use almost whatever noodles, protein, and vegetables you have on hand.
- It's fast: you can make these noodles in under 30 minutes!
- Full of flavor: the sauce is so flavorful, and the veggies add lovely crunch and texture to the dish.
- Kid-friendly: most kids love noodles, and this is a dish that you can easily adapt to your kids' tastes!
🛒 Ingredient notes
Steak - The best steak to use in this recipe is either a pound of flank steak or flat iron steak. Make sure you slice the steak very thin so that it cooks up quickly and evenly in the wok.
Noodles - You can use ramen noodles or yakisoba noodles for this recipe. If your packages of noodles come with a flavor/seasoning packet, make sure you discard those packets or save them for use in a different recipe.
Vegetables - This recipe calls for a delicious combo of red bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli. But you can substitute other crunchy vegetables that you like. Good substitutions would include asparagus, snap peas, and orange, yellow, or green bell peppers.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
- First, slice the steak into thin slices and season the steak with salt and pepper. Chop your veggies.
Make the sauce
2. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Make the noodles
3. In a large pot, boil water and cook the two packages of ramen noodles according to package directions (discard the seasoning packets).
4. Meanwhile, in a large wok over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Then add the steak and stir fry until cooked. Once browned on all sides, remove to a plate and set aside.
5. Add the chopped red bell pepper, carrots, and broccoli to the wok. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, just until the vegetables are slightly softened.
6. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir.
7. Add the noodles to the wok and stir to coat the noodles.
8. Then add the steak and stir to combine all ingredients.
9. Serve with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
❓ Recipe FAQs
Inexpensive, readily available ramen noodles are the best for this recipe! But you can also use yakisoba noodles, or even spaghetti.
You'll want to use crunchy, hearty vegetables for a stir-fry recipe like this. Instead of red bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli, you could use snap peas, asparagus, or green, orange, or yellow bell peppers. You could even add some thinly sliced green or red cabbage.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat, toss with some sesame oil in a wok over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. You can also heat up leftovers in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave, but the vegetables won't be as crisp as if you reheat on the stovetop.
🥘 Kitchen tools and equipment
For this recipe, there are two main pots and pans that you need:
Wok - Use a large wok to stir-fry the ingredients. The high sided, curved walls of woks allow food to cook up quickly.
Large pot - you'll need a large pot to boil water and cook the noodles.
🍽 What to serve with these noodles
Sesame garlic steak noodles are a delicious complete meal all on their own. But you can round out this Asian-inspired meal with soups and sides that complement the soy-sauce base.
🍷 Best wine pairings for sesame garlic noodles
Pair these noodles with either a Gewürztraminer or an off-dry Riesling.
More related recipes
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below and a review in the comments further down. Thanks!
Steak and Sesame Garlic Noodles
Sesame Garlic Sauce
- 2 packages yakisoba noodles
- 1 pound flat iron steak or flank steak, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled into thin ribbons or julienned
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 scallion stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Make the sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Make the noodles
- In a large pot, boil water and cook the two packages of ramen noodles according to package directions (discard the seasoning packets).
- Meanwhile, in a large wok over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Then add the steak and stir fry until cooked. Once browned on all sides, remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper, carrots, and broccoli to the wok. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, just until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir. Add the noodles to the wok and stir to coat the noodles. Then add the steak and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Serve with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.