Want an easy, restaurant-quality pasta dinner in under 30 minutes? This Pasta with Clams and White Wine Sauce is rich and flavorful, and perfect for busy weeknight dinners and special occasion dinners alike.
If you love ordering Spaghetti alle Vongole, or pasta with clams and white wine sauce, at your favorite Italian restaurant, you will love how easy it is to make at home!
And, I dare say, it tastes even better when you make it at home from scratch.
- 🍝 A versatile, restaurant-quality pasta recipe
- 🧄 Ingredient notes
- ✅ Easy step-by-step instructions
- 🥘 Kitchen tools and equipment
- ❓Recipe FAQs
- 🥗 What to serve with spaghetti with clams and white wine sauce
- 🥂 Best wine pairings for pasta with clams
- 🍤 More seafood pasta recipes
- Pasta with Clams and White Wine Sauce
🍝 A versatile, restaurant-quality pasta recipe
Also known as Spahetti alle Vongole, this pasta dish is similar to what you might find at your favorite Italian restaurant. I absolutely love making this restaurant quality pasta dish at home for so many reasons.
- To save time and money, this recipe calls for canned clams with their juices, instead of fresh clams in their shells. Canned clams are just as delicious, and the cans are shelf stable for a long time, so you can easily keep a can of clams in your pantry for a quick and easy dinner for super busy weeknights.
- Because canned clams are already cooked, you can make this dinner from start to finish in about 20 minutes. Definitely in 30 minutes or less.
- The sauce is super simple yet full of big yummy flavors.
- We all know you can save a LOT of money buy cooking at home instead of eating at restaurants. That holds true especially for seafood dishes like this one, which could easily run between $14 and $20 per plate at a restaurant. You can make four servings of this dish for around or under $10 total.
This seafood pasta recipe is SO quick and easy that I have even made this for a fast lunch while working from home. It really is THAT fast and simple to make!
🧄 Ingredient notes
Spaghetti - You can use spaghetti or any other long, thin noodle, such as linguine.
Clams - This recipe calls for canned clams in their juices. You can, of course, use fresh clams. If you do that, be sure to properly prep your clams and adjust the cooking times accordingly.
White wine - Use a dry white wine for the sauce, such as a Pinot Gris or a stainless steel (unoaked) Chardonnay. You can also substitute chicken broth if you don't want to cook with wine.
✅ Easy step-by-step instructions
In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta cooks, make the sauce.
Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, just until the garlic has softened a bit and is fragrant.
Lower the heat the medium. After the heat has reduced, slowly pour in the white wine and cook for about 2 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half.
Stir in the clams in their juices and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the cooked pasta to the pot along with the butter, lemon juice, and half of the parsley.
Just before serving, drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top and garnish with remaining parsley.
Most canned clams are already cooked, which makes this recipe even faster. Double check the label on your canned clams first.
No, you'll want all of the delicious flavors from the juices cooking alongside the clams in this recipe. So when it comes time to add the clams, simply open the can and add the clams along with their juices to the pan.
Allow the food to cool completely, then store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 or 4 days.
🥗 What to serve with spaghetti with clams and white wine sauce
🥂 Best wine pairings for pasta with clams
Pair this pasta dish the way you would other seafood pasta dishes (like the photo above): with a crisp white wine. I love this spaghetti and clams dinner with a glass of unoaked Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, a dry Riesling, or an Albariño.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Pasta with Clams and White Wine Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, just until the garlic has softened a bit and is fragrant.
- Lower the heat the medium. Slowly pour in the white wine and cook for about 2 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the clams in their juices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot along with the butter, lemon juice, and half of the parsley.
- Just before serving, drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top and garnish with remaining parsley.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.