Looking for a fresh spring dessert? Try these Mini Lime Tarts with a light citrus zest and crunchy cookie crust. They're perfect party desserts - or for any time you want a sweet treat!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my policy page for details.
It's been snowing on and off this week, but all I can think about right now is spring! More specifically: spring desserts.
In-between craving soothing, hot comfort food (my recipe for sausage tortellini soup is coming soon!), I've been alternating with a citrus kick that makes me yearn for spring. From savory citrus dishes (like this Orange Chicken Salad) to sweet citrus desserts (like these Soft Citrus Cookies), I just can't get enough of the zesty bursts of spring in food form.
Delicious Spring Desserts
Recently, the kids and I made these Mini Lime Tarts and they just rocked our world. The tart filling is full of yummy lime zest and lime juice. The crust is a crunchy, sweet cookie-like crust.
My son loves them! My daughter and I decided to dress them up with some fun Cookies and Cream Pocky (check out my Instagram tomorrow for a peek at the fun!)
These Mini Lime Tarts are perfect spring desserts, and for so many occasions. With their bright yellow filling, garnished with lime slices, these tarts look beautiful on any spring party table.
Serve them for Sunday brunch, at baby showers and bridal showers. Or make them just for fun during your Spring Break staycation with the kids. That's what I plan to do!
Kitchen Tools for this recipe
- Microplane zester - this one is easy to use and easy to clean.
- Muffin/Cupcake pan - this is one of the reliable pans I've had for years!
- Cuisinart Food Processor/Blender - I like the combo - one less appliance taking up space on your counter or in your cupboards. Mine has lasted several years so far!
- The Best Whisk Ever - I seriously love this whisk. I use it almost every single day!
So if you're looking for a spring getaway via food, these mini lime tarts are IT. They bring the sunshine in even when it's freezing and stormy outside. And once the sun does finally come back around, they'll be the perfect treat to officially celebrate spring!
Mini Lime Tarts Video
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- In a food processor, process graham crackers, sugar, and the 6 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Place approximately 1-2 heaping tablespoons of graham cracker crust mixture into each cupcake liner and press into the bottom and slightly up the sides.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. Place enough water to cover the bottom of a saucepan and bring to a boil. In a large bowl placed over the saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar, lime juice and lime zest.
- Whisk vigorously for about 7-10 minutes, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in the final 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of filling into each of the pre-baked crusts and continue adding more evenly to each until you've used all of the filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-7 minutes, just until the filling is slightly set and jiggles a bit in the center.
- Place in the refrigerator and cool for at least two hours before devouring.