Thanks to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post.
Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad is a flavorful, tasty meal for busy school nights. It’s one of many delicious recipes you can find and easily plan for while grocery shopping, thanks to Foster Farms’ new on-pack DORI™ QR code!
Happy fall, everyone!
I feel like summer whipped past me in a flash. You, too?
We went from leisurely soaking up the sunshine to frantically scheduling soccer practices and band concerts, getting used to sleeping and waking up earlier, and new routines. Our typical summertime, last-minute “what should we have for dinner right now?” loosey goosey gametime decision-making won’t do when we’ve got four busy schedules to juggle.
Busy Weeknight Meal Planning Made Easier
When I was grocery shopping to stock up on school night dinner essentials, I saw a new Foster Farms DORI™ QR code on Foster Farms chicken packages. Turns out, these new Foster Farms DORI™ labels have scannable QR codes that take you directly to a great list of recipes using various cuts of meat and help to simplify meal planning.
The DORI™ QR code also gives you access to exclusive coupons, product information, and a map of Foster Farms ranches throughout the Pacific Northwest and California. I love it! It makes shopping for and planning chicken dinners a whole lot easier - and more fun, too!
While searching the hundreds of recipes using Foster Farms chicken, I came across one for Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad. I knew this would be one that my husband would love just as much as I would, and I had a feeling the kids would like the flavors as well.
Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad
I was right! This Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad is so flavorful and I love the textures.
You can marinate the chicken in the morning before heading out to work. Then at night, grill the chicken, slice up the veggies, and whip up the easy dressing right before dinner. Easy and delicious!
The chicken is marinated in a mixture of orange juice, garlic, thyme, and honey.
Marinating the chicken for several hours makes the meat so tender and juicy, and truly helps it soak up the citrus garlic flavors.
The dressing is a simple orange juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil mix that perfectly complements the salad.
This Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad is amazing as a main dish for two people, or as a side salad for 4-6 people.
Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad Recipe
Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad
- 1 pound Foster Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange zest
- ⅓ cup orange juice plus 2 tablespoons divided
- 6 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 4 cups torn baby salad greens
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges peeled and sectioned
- Sliced almonds toasted (optional)
- Place chicken in a sealable plastic bag. Combine orange zest, ⅓ cup orange juice, 4 cloves minced garlic, honey and thyme. Pour over chicken; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Prep grill pan with olive oil, then grill chicken for about 8-10, until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway. Slice chicken crosswise; set aside on a plate.Meanwhile, in a screw-top jar, combine oil, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice, the remaining 2 cloves minced garlic, the shallots and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Cover and shake well.Divide greens among four dinner plates. Top with bell pepper slices. Arrange chicken and orange sections over greens. Drizzle with dressing. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.
If you make this recipe, please share it on your social media! Use #UrbanBlissLife and tag @UrbanBlissLife. I'd love to see what you make! And, if you like this recipe, please do me a HUGE favor and leave a star rating. Thank you so much! These are little gestures that truly mean a lot to little bloggers like me!
And to think I found this recipe with my smartphone while grocery shopping! If you live in Oregon, Washington, or California, look for the Foster Farms DORI™ QR code on Foster Farms chicken packages at your local grocery store and scan for recipes, savings and more.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.