This creamy Cauliflower Carrot Soup is a nutrient-rich dish that takes less than 30 minutes to make. Perfect for soup weather, or whenever you need a quick lunch or easy light dinner recipe.
My vegan cauliflower carrot soup recipe came about when I discovered a head of cauliflower that I had forgotten I purchased a few days prior, and I wanted to try something different.
I love making cauliflower rice, mashed cauliflower, and cauliflower fritters, but I really wanted to make a rich, creamy soup packed with veggies - and I needed it to be QUICK.
I threw some veggies together, along with my usual dairy-free soup base of coconut milk + vegetable stock.
Turns out, roasted cauliflower + carrots + potatoes + a few fave spices = MAGIC!
🌟 Why this easy soup recipe works
This vegan cauliflower carrot soup is rich and creamy, without any dairy. You'll love it because:
- It's an easy recipe you can make in under 30 minutes.
- It's a vegetarian soup and a vegan soup.
- The recipe calls for natural, simple healthy ingredients.
- It's a nutrient-packed tasty soup that's a great way to satisfy your comfort food cravings!
🥕 Ingredient notes
Veggies - Cauliflower florets and carrots are the main ingredients, so be sure to use the freshest veggies. You'll also need some potatoes to help add to the creaminess of this soup.
Coconut Milk - This dairy-free alternative is what makes the soup so creamy!
Vegetable broth - When possible, I try to use homemade vegetable stock or broth that is also packed with extra nutrients from saved veggie scraps! But store-bought vegetable stock or broth is also perfectly fine.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Prep time for this creamy cauliflower carrot soup can take 5 minutes up to 10 minutes, depending on how long it takes you to wash and chop the veggies. And the best part? The total time is under 30 minutes!
1. In a large bowl, season the vegetables and toss them with olive oil, spices, minced fresh garlic cloves, salt and black pepper. Then spread them over a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Roast the veggies for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees. You want the veggies to have a richer color and be tender enough for a fork to easily pierce through one - but not too soft that they turn to mush at the touch.
3. Let the veggies cool for a minute or two outside of the oven. Then pour them into a large pot, along with the coconut milk and vegetable stock.
4. Puree soup with an immersion blender until you have a smooth, creamy texture. Then eat up!
Note: if you don't have an immersion blender, you can also puree the roasted veggies, coconut milk, and vegetable stock in a regular blender or food processor.
Optional: Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This delicious vegan soup is made with wholesome ingredients that pack a nutritious punch!
Cauliflower provides up to 77% of your daily vitamin C. It's also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
Carrots are rich in beta carotene, which converts to vitamin A. Carrots have been known to help reduce cholesterol, lower risk of heart attacks, prevention of certain cancers, improve vision, and reduce signs of premature aging. These mighty orange veggies also reportedly have the ability to improve the skin, boost the immune system, improve digestion, and protect cardiovascular health.
Potatoes are fiber-rich veggies, providing you with potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 content, and helping lower the total amount of cholesterol in your blood which helps decrease your risk of heart disease.
This soup is great the next day! Simply store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to 3 or 4 days.
Yes! You can freeze this soup in a freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag for up to two months.
🍽 Serving ideas
🍷 Wine pairings
An earthy, thick soup like this Cauliflower Carrot Soup that also has rich spices would pair well with a nice bright Pinot Gris. I am currently crushing on two Pinot Gris from Oregon: the Rainstorm Pinot Gris.
This white wine is very food friendly and pairs well with the rich flavor in this dish. The fresh acidity helps balance out the subtle spices in this cauliflower carrot soup.
🥣 More soup recipes
For more soup recipes, check out our full Soup Recipes index.
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- Instant Pot Vegan Lentil Soup
- Dairy-Free Lasagna Soup
- Homemade Stock (to use for your soups!)
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Cauliflower Carrot Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Medium head of cauliflower chopped into small pieces (discard leaves & tough core)
- 2 Medium carrots peeled, sliced into ½ slices
- 1 Large baking potato peeled, chopped into ½" pieces
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp tsp black pepper
- 1 can coconut milk (14.5 oz can)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or broth)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place cauliflower pieces, carrot slices, potato pieces into a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over veggies. Sprinkle minced garlic, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper over veggies. Gently toss veggies and oil & spice mix all together and spread veggies in an even layer over a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Allow roasted veggies to cool at room temperature slightly and then add to a large stockpot. Pour coconut milk and vegetable stock (or broth) over veggies. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth - or puree in a regular blender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, serve and enjoy immediately!
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.