This Air Fryer Paprika Chicken is a fast, easy, and delicious chicken dinner recipe the whole family will love!
Air frying is one of my absolute favorite ways to cook chicken. Whether it's air fryer popcorn chicken or crispy chicken wings or even a whole rotisserie chicken. The air fryer makes even the simplest chicken dishes taste AMAZING!
New to cooking with an air fryer? See all of my air fryer recipes here.
Air Fryer Paprika Chicken
This magical chicken dinner is very simple and easy to make. Yet it's PACKED with flavor.
An air fryer circulates air around the food, similar to the way a convection oven works. This creates the super crispy chicken skin on the outside and the juicy, tender chicken meat on the inside. SO good!
What's in paprika chicken?
The best air fryer chicken starts with the best quality chicken you can buy. Go for organic chicken by a reputable farm (local if you can!) when you are able to. The difference in the final flavor and the quality of the chicken is incredible.
However, I also know you need to feed your family with what you've got and what you have access to. So use the best chicken that you can afford.
SHOPPING TIP: I usually buy bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs in bulk at Costco. I keep one pack in the refrigerator for use that week, and then freeze the rest. The beauty of using my Ninja Foodi is that I can pressure cook directly from frozen, and then crisp to get the crispy outside!
For this air fryer chicken recipe, we're using bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. I find these to be the juiciest, most flavorful cuts of chicken.
In addition to the chicken, you'll need just a few ingredients. These are mostly common ingredients that are pantry staples.
- fresh garlic
- ground paprika
- kosher salt and pepper
- cooking spray
The full ingredients and measurements are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post!
How do I make paprika chicken in the air fryer?
To make this chicken in the air fryer:
- Pat the chicken dry. This helps ensure the skin turns crispy.
- Season the chicken with the minced garlic and ground paprika, kosher salt, and black pepper. Make sure the chicken is fully coated in the seasoning on all sides.
- Spray the air fryer basket or trays, depending on which air fryer you have, with cooking spray.
- Air fry. Halfway through cooking, check on the chicken briefly and shake the basket or rotate the trays to ensure even cooking for all chicken.
Exact measurements and detailed instructions can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post!
What do I serve with paprika chicken?
This chicken goes deliciously well with pasta. I've got a paprika pasta recipe coming up soon that is an AMAZING companion to this paprika chicken!
You can also serve this chicken with:
- Air Fryer Broccoli (Ninja Foodi Broccoli)
- Garlicky Lemon Asparagus
- Rosemary Garlic Glazed Carrots
- Mushroom Marsala
- Creamy Paprika Pasta
What wine pairs well with paprika chicken?
White wine is usually recommended as a wine pairing for chicken dishes. However, when you've got bigger flavors like paprika that take center stage, you'll want to reach for a wine that has a little more depth and richness.
I love this chicken paprika with a French Bordeaux or a Washington state Cabernet Sauvignon.
Food Storage and Reheating Tips
Make sure the chicken has cooled to room temperature, and then store leftovers in an airtight container. Or store in the freezer for up to three months.
These are my favorite food storage containers, but I also use these resealable freezer food-safe bags. Both can be used in the refrigerator or freezer. The glass containers are also oven safe and can go from freezer to oven (without the lids).
To reheat air fryer paprika chicken: place into your air fryer and reheat at 350°F for 3 to 4 minutes.
Air Fryer Paprika Chicken
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F for 5 minutes. After pre-heating, spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, paprika, oregano, onion powder, salt and pepper until well combined. In large bowl or large ziplock bag, add the chicken thighs and then add the spice mix. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Add chicken thighs to the air fryer, skin side down, and air fry at 380°F for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken thighs so they are now skin side up and cook for another 10 minutes. Chicken is done when an internal meat thermometer reads 165°F.