This Garlic Lemon Asparagus is a simple, elegant, delicious side dish. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, or any weeknight dinner!
Side dishes are meant to be fast, easy, and delicious. This recipe for garlic lemon asparagus ticks all three boxes!
This garlicky asparagus is so simple yet full of flavor. The citrus adds a beautiful brightness to the dish and the garlic adds some zing. Asparagus is one of those vegetables that really takes on the flavors of citrus and garlic quite nicely, especially when roasted.
You may also be interested in learning how to cook Grilled Asparagus in Foil.
🍋 Ingredient notes
You only need a few ingredients to make this vegetable side dish:
- asparagus - you'll need one bunch. Look for thin asparagus versus thicker stems. Thin asparagus roasts up quickly and really takes on the lemon and garlic flavors.
- olive oil - use a high quality extra virgin olive oil
- lemon - fresh lemon juice adds a brightness to the dish
- garlic - I use three cloves, but you can add more or less, to your liking.
- kosher salt - the bigger flakes stick nicely to the vegetables and distribute bigger flavor than table salt
- ground black pepper - just a bit for balance
✅ Step-by-step instructions
- Simple toss ingredients together on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Then bake at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes. It's that easy!
See the recipe card below for full detailed ingredient quantities and instructions.
🍽 Serving ideas
This garlicky asparagus is typically served as a side dish. However, there are ways I have enjoyed this as a main course.
As a side dish, this asparagus recipe shines with poultry. It's great for Thanksgiving with Citrus Herb Turkey Breast. Or enjoy it with everyday meals like Roast Chicken, For Christmas, serve this asparagus side dish alongside Cranberry Meatballs or Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb.
🥂 Wine pairings for asparagus
The citrus and garlic zing of this dish pair beautifully with a dry, bright white wine with lively acidity. Go for a Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Blanc, or Pinot Gris.
More recipes for entertaining at home
- Small Thanksgiving Dinner at Home
- Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots
- Mushroom Marsala
- Skillet Apple Cranberry Crisp
- Cranberry Stuffing with Wild Rice, Cherries, and Pecans
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Garlic Lemon Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Place trimmed asparagus on top of foil. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice, then top with garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and distribute garlic evenly among the asparagus.
- Bake at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes, just until the asparagus is tender and slightly deeper in color. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.