Garlic Rosemary Roasted Glazed Carrots with brown sugar is an impressive, beautiful, delicious side dish that's easy to make! Perfect holiday side dish or for any busy weeknight dinner.
Carrots are one of my favorite side dishes to cook. They are delicious, versatile, and look beautiful on any table.
While there are many ways to cook carrots, this way is truly my favorite. If you like dishes that are sweet and savory, I know you'll love this dish, too!
❤️ Why makes this recipe so special
This garlic rosemary roasted glazed carrots are:
- Perfect for the holidays. The recipe is quick and simple to make, yet looks impressive and elegant. And the flavors compliment any holiday meal.
- Fast. Done in 30 minutes!
- Healthy. Each serving has less than 100 calories.
- Easy. All the ingredients are commonly found at your neighborhood grocery store.
- Super flavorful.
🥕 Ingredient notes
Fresh carrots - You'll want to use fresh carrots for this recipe and peel them yourself so you get the most flavor from them.
Garlic - One of the best parts of this recipe is the garlic. It adds a gorgeous fragrant savory flavor in every bite.
Rosemary - Garlic's BFF rosemary plays nicely to impart herbal woodsy flavors and aromas.
Brown sugar and olive oil - These make up the glaze. During roasting, the sugar caramelizes beautifully and coats the carrots with a slightly sweet layer that balances the savory.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Making these roasted glazed carrots is super easy.
1. Peel and trim the carrots.
2. Toss with olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
3. Roast at 425°F for 25 to 30 minutes. That's it!
Exact measurements of ingredients and instructions are in the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this post. Here are some helpful tips to guide you as you make this recipe.
👩🏽🍳 Recipe FAQs
Roasted carrots should last 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I like them better without the peel to remove any dirt or residue, but you don't need to peel them. If you decide not to, just be sure to wash them thoroughly first.
Yes, you can make them ahead of time then reheat either in the oven or the air fryer for a few minutes at 375°. The air fryer will likely heat them faster so you'll want to check that they don't become overdone.
🍽 Main Dishes to Serve With This Carrot Side Dish
These carrots are beautiful and elegant enough to serve at any holiday feast or dinner party. But they're so fast and easy, they can also elevate any weeknight family dinner, too.
This vegan side dish makes an excellent companion to other main courses such as:
- One-Pan Garlic Rosemary Beef Roast
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
- Vegan Dairy-Free Fettuccine Alfredo
The last time I made these, I actually roasted them at the same time as I made the One-Pan Garlic Rosemary Beef Roast with potatoes. I simply placed them in the rack beneath the beef roast and took them out around 30 minutes.
🥣 More side dish recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Rosemary Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place carrots in a single row across the foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, and rosemary. Drizzle over carrots and toss to coat. Season with salt & pepper.
- Roast carrots at 425°F for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.