This One Pot Lasagna Soup recipe can be made in just 30 minutes. It's the the ultimate mashup of two fave comfort foods - lasagna and soup -in one rich, comforting, dairy-free dish!
If you like lasagna, and you like soup, then you will LOVE this beautiful delicious two-for-one recipe! Lasagna soup is especially warm and welcoming during the chilly fall and winter months!
Traditional lasagna soup can be labor-intensive. And, most lasagna soup recipes are laden with tons of cream and cheese. So I set out to create a winning dairy-free, one pot lasagna soup recipe that could be made fairly quickly, using basic ingredients.
🌟 Why this recipe works
- You can make this recipe in just 30 minutes.
- The ingredients are common, easy-to-find ingredients. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry!
Perfect comfort food that's easy to make at the end of a long day.
🍝 Ingredient notes
Ground meat - I always make this lasagna soup with ground turkey, but you can use ground beef or even make it vegetarian if you prefer.
Coconut milk - this is what makes this soup so creamy without the dairy. For me, it doesn't give the soup a coconut-y flavor at all. But, if your tastebuds are adverse to coconut milk, you can try substituting dairy-free heavy cream instead. If you can have regular dairy, you can substitute whole milk or 2% milk.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
- To make this soup, prep a large stockpot with olive oil and heat to medium-high. Gather all of your ingredients.
- Start by browning the ground turkey, then add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and chopped spinach. Sauté until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cup of water, beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk; stir.
- Add the lasagna noodles, dried basil, and bay leaf; stir. Bring soup to a boil, and then lower to medium-high heat and simmer until noodles are cooked, about 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
🍷 Wine pairings for lasagna soup
This hearty, rich soup calls for a smooth medium- to full-bodied red wine. I pair it with a Cabernet Franc (like this silky smooth one from Walla Walla Vintners), a Cabernet Sauvignon, or a full-bodied, bold Italian Barbera.
More soup recipes
Be sure to check out all of our soup recipes for more delicious warm & comforting soups!
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) coconut milk
- 8 oz lasagna noodles, broken (about 10)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- optional: garnish with chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a Iarge stockpot. Once heated, add ground turkey and brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and chopped spinach. Sauté until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cup of water, beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk; stir. Add the lasagna noodles, dried basil, and bay leaf; stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil, and then lower to medium-high heat and let simmer until noodles are cooked, about 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
Amy Schotland says
Ok, this was a huge hit at my house! It’s not often kids and parents LOVE the same dish! The best part it can be made after coming home from work. Bonus!!! We are gluten free at our house so I made gluten free noodles separate and then added the noodles to the dish. Thanks Marlynn, keep these awesome recipes coming!
Cindy Gordon says
Made this tonight for dinner! It was a hit with my family!
Megan Ellam says
Wow this looks too good. I am a massive fan of ground turkey so I am so going to give this a go. Thanks for a great recipe
Yum! What a wonderful idea--lasagna as a soup! Perfect for a chilly day!
Denay DeGuzman says
This easy lasagna soup is just as tasty and beautiful as the images on this page. I just finished making this recipe and it is scrumptious!
Omg this is everything I love about lasagna transformed into a one-pot meal! Yum!!
Erin @ Platings and Pairings says
Lasagna soup is so slurpable and delicious! I love your dairy-free version Marlynn!