This One Pot Lasagna Soup recipe can be made in just 30 minutes. It's the the ultimate mashup of two fave comfort foods - lasagna and soup -in one rich, comforting, dairy-free dish!
Traditional lasagna soup can be labor-intensive. And, most lasagna soup recipes are laden with tons of cream and cheese. So I set out to create a winning dairy-free, one pot lasagna soup recipe that could be made fairly quickly, using basic ingredients.
🌟 Why this recipe works
- You can make this recipe in just 30 minutes.
- The ingredients are common, easy-to-find ingredients. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry!
Perfect comfort food that's easy to make at the end of a long day.
🍝 Ingredient notes
Ground meat - I always make this lasagna soup with ground turkey, but you can use ground beef or even make it vegetarian if you prefer.
Coconut milk - this is what makes this soup so creamy without the dairy. For me, it doesn't give the soup a coconut-y flavor at all. But, if your tastebuds are adverse to coconut milk, you can try substituting dairy-free heavy cream instead. If you can have regular dairy, you can substitute whole milk or 2% milk.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
- To make this soup, prep a large stockpot with olive oil and heat to medium-high. Gather all of your ingredients.
- Start by browning the ground turkey, then add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and chopped spinach. Sauté until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cup of water, beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk; stir.
- Add the lasagna noodles, dried basil, and bay leaf; stir. Bring soup to a boil, and then lower to medium-high heat and simmer until noodles are cooked, about 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
🍷 Wine pairings for lasagna soup
This hearty, rich soup calls for a smooth medium- to full-bodied red wine. I pair it with a Cabernet Franc (like this silky smooth one from Walla Walla Vintners), a Cabernet Sauvignon, or a full-bodied, bold Italian Barbera.
More soup recipes
Be sure to check out all of our soup recipes for more delicious warm & comforting soups!
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) coconut milk
- 8 oz lasagna noodles, broken (about 10)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- optional: garnish with chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a Iarge stockpot. Once heated, add ground turkey and brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and chopped spinach. Sauté until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cup of water, beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk; stir. Add the lasagna noodles, dried basil, and bay leaf; stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil, and then lower to medium-high heat and let simmer until noodles are cooked, about 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.