Instant Pot Lentil Soup is a fast, easy, hearty vegan dish packed with vitamins and minerals.
Truth be told, I could eat this kind of food all year long. In fact, I made this Instant Pot Lentil Soup a couple of times over the summer to recipe test it for the blog. I can attest that it's definitely a recipe that can hold its own no matter what the weather!
But now that there's a chill in the air, this soup is tasting better than ever.
🌟 Why you'll love this recipe
So many reasons to love this lentil soup recipe! Here are a few:
- You probably already have all, if not most, of the ingredients in your pantry or refrigerator.
- There's no meat to defrost.
- It's dairy-free and vegan.
- Full of lentils, this soup is low fat, high fiber, and packed with magnesium, which has been reported to reduce inflammation.
🍅 Ingredient notes
This is a super hearty vegetarian recipe that I think you'll find the carnivores in your life will enjoy as well.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Green lentils are also packed with great vitamins and minerals. According to the USDA, a half cup of dried green lentils provides 24g protein, 10g fiber, 80mg calcium, and 4mg iron.
I use green lentils for this recipe because they tend to hold up and retain their shape during the cooking process. Red lentils, on the other hand, can get mushy when cooked for a while.
Yes! Keep this lentil soup in an airtight freezer-friendly container in your freezer for up to 3 months.
🍽 Serving ideas
While eating bowlfuls of this Instant Pot Lentil Soup on its own makes for a perfectly acceptable full meal, here are some ideas for side dishes to serve with it:
More soup recipes
- Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
- Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- 15 Instant Pot Recipes for Busy Weeknights
- 20 Fall Soups to Keep You Warm
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- 1 cup chopped yellow or white onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots (1-2 carrots)
- ½ cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cup green lentils
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth (2 14.5 oz cans)
- 4 cups baby spinach
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, lentils, and tomatoes to your Instant Pot.
- Season ingredients with basil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add broth and stir to combine.
- Set instant pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK on High for 15 minutes. Once the pressure cooker is done, quick release. Remove lid and stir in spinach.
- Add all ingredients to a dutch oven and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to simmer, then cover. Cook for about 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.