These Easy Lemon Crinkle Cookies are so delicious, lemony, and perfect for picnics, parties, or an every day afternoon snack!
No matter how stressed out I am or how much work I have to do, cooking and baking soothes my soul and centers me.
Today I'm sharing a recipe that I've made a few times now, and it's always received happy reviews.
Easy Lemon Crinkle Cookies
If you love home cooking and baking as much as I do, but you need a little "cheat" now and then, these cookies will do the trick.
First: they're crazy delicious. I kind of want to make another batch as I am writing this and staring at the photos.
Second: they're what I call cheat cookies because they include store-bought cake mix.
Whaaat? Yeah. I know. But every once in a while, a hungry girl's gotta do what a hungry girl's gotta do. I've made "Cheat" Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies before, as an impulsive experiment because I ran out of flour. So I thought that a lemon cake mix would be awesome for cookies!
And, it totally works here too. Deliciously. These are SO. GOOD.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Don't over-mix! Just mix until all ingredients are happily blended together.
- Form dough into a disc shape and wrap either with wax paper or plastic wrap, then refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- Place about ⅓ cup sugar into a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and form tablespoon-size balls.
- Roll each ball into the powdered sugar to lightly coat, then place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a SilPat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cool on a cookie rack for 5 minutes before eating.
- Repeat steps 1-8 to make another batch once you realize you've somehow eaten the entire first batch in one sitting. (No judgment here, friends!)
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
I hope you all have a fabulous 4th of July with your friends and family this weekend!