Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing is easy to make at home in less than 15 minutes. It's the perfect dairy-free dip for vegetables, chips, fries, and a great salad dressing, too!
Ranch lovers who need or want to go dairy free can now enjoy their favorite thing with this delicious Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing recipe!
Since going dairy free, I knew I wanted to develop a vegan ranch dressing recipe. I've been making this ranch dressing dairy free now for a couple of years, and am so excited to share it here on the blog!
Friends, I am in LOVE with this dairy free recipe. It's so fast, easy, and uber delicious. I hope this is a recipe you and your whole family come to love, too!
Living the dairy-free life?
I've been living the dairy-free life now for almost 10 years. It's so much easier to find dairy-free cooking and baking products now than it was back then! And, grocery stores are better stocked with foods that lend themselves to dairy-free baking and cooking.
If you or someone you are cooking for is dairy free, be sure to check out all of our easy dairy free recipes here on Urban Bliss Life.
And check out our Best Dairy Free Foods Guide for all of my personal favorite dairy free grocery store items to cook and bake with.
🌟 Why this recipe works
This creamy dressing is so easy to make. You'll want to make a batch each week!
- It's made with basic ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and refrigerator.
- The recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make. It's seriously so fast to whip up!
- You can store this for up to one week in your refrigerator. So it's great to make at the beginning of the week or on Meal Prep day, and enjoy for the rest of the week!
- It has the best taste. You'll seriously never miss the dairy in this recipe!
- You can use this as a dip or a dressing. The possibilities are endless! See the Serving Ideas section for some yummy options.
🛒 Ingredient notes
You just need a few simple ingredients for this recipe.
Mayonnaise - Regular mayo is actually dairy free. You could also make your own homemade mayo, or, if you want mayo that also contains no eggs, use store-bought vegan mayo.
Sour cream - There are several options for dairy free sour cream at most local grocery stores. Use your favorite! You can also substitute dairy-free Greek yogurt.
Herbs - You can honestly use fresh herbs or dried herbs. I love using fresh dill, dried chives, and chopped fresh parsley. You could use green onions or fresh chives if you prefer.
Liquid - A little apple cider vinegar and unsweetened almond milk (instead of regular milk) helps break down the mayo and sour cream and makes this a super creamy ranch dressing. Any dairy-free milk would be a great substitute for the almondmilk in this recipe, including soy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk. You could use white wine vinegar as a substitute for apple cider vinegar.
Aromatics and seasoning - While I prefer onion powder to real onions, because most people don't like biting into raw white onions, I do think this dressing calls for fresh garlic that's finely minced. You can, of course, substitute garlic powder if you prefer. Be sure to taste the final dressing and season with kosher salt and black pepper as needed.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Full ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. But here's a quick visual step-by-step to how to make this simple recipe.
- In a mixing bowl or a mason jar, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dairy-free ranch dressing. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- When you are ready to use the dressing, shake the jar or use a spoon to stir the ingredients up, and serve.
That's it! So super easy, right?!
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Since you are using clean ingredients and no preservatives or additives to keep the dressing shelf-stable, homemade is a little better for you than store-bought.
This recipe makes approximately 1 cup of vegan ranch dressing.
Store this homemade dressing and dip in an airtight container, like a mason jar, in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yes! Regular mayo contains no milk, so it is lactose free and dairy free. However, it is made with eggs, so if you want a vegan mayonnaise you'll need to buy vegan mayo.
🍽 Serving ideas
This homemade ranch dressing is great to keep in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week!
As a dressing: Enjoy it with your favorite salad, like this Radish Carrot Arugula Salad or a classic Cucumber Tomato Salad.
As a dip: Use it as a dip for veggies and chips. During holidays, it can play center stage to a Christmas Wreath Salad and a Christmas Tree Veggie Tray. You can also use this vegan ranch recipe as a dip for appetizers. It's delicious with:
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Garlic Parmesan Knots
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this recipe? You really only need a small bowl and a whisk! No special kitchen tools or equipment required.
More dairy free recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup dairy-free sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- In a large mason jar, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dairy-free ranch dressing. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- When you are ready to use the dressing, shake the jar or use a spoon to stir the ingredients up, and serve with the salad.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
Leave a Reply