This Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad is a refreshing meal with satisfying crunch and vibrant color!
Need a refreshing salad in a pinch? It doesn't get much easier than this delicious Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad. I've paired it with a light balsamic vinaigrette for two recipes in one!
🌟 What makes this salad so amazing
We make a lot of cucumber salad in my house. It's such a delicious side dish to almost any main course. Toss cucumbers together with a little salt, sugar, rice wine vinegar, and fresh dill. DONE. So good! In fact, that's one of the reasons this salad is so great:
Quick: It only takes 15 minutes to create this dish!
Healthy: The fresh cucumbers and tomatoes make for a healthy starter or daytime snack that won't weigh you down.
Versatile dressing: The balsamic vinegar dressing recipe I make with this salad can easily be used as a tasty dressing on other salads and dishes!
🛒 Ingredient notes
For the salad
The salad itself requires just four ingredients:
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Red onions
- Dill - for some added herby flavor
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Making the salad
- Thinly slice the cucumber.
2. Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves.
3. Slide the red onion into thin strips.
4. Combine all the ingredients and top with fresh dill.
Making the balsamic vinaigrette dressing
5. Combine the balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together until well blended. Then drizzle over the salad. That's it!
Yes! Basil would go great with this salad. I used dill as I prefer the fresh and slightly earthy flavor it provides.
You can store this salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1-½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 large cucumber sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
Make the salad
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Make the dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together until well blended
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.