Whether you need a quick snack or a fast lunch or side dish, these Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp from frozen are fast and east to make!
If you love air fryer appetizer recipes like our popular Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken recipe, then you've gotta try this Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp recipe!
Made with frozen popcorn shrimp, this air fryer recipe is such a delicious, fast and easy seafood snack to make.
🌟 Why this recipe works
Want a yummy snack in a hurry? Make these Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp!
- These are made using a package of frozen popcorn shrimp, so it's a fast and easy recipe! And air frying means the shrimp cooks in less time.
- But, you can make your own homemade popcorn shrimp from raw shrimp if you prefer. You can even use the same batter and breading for our air fryer coconut shrimp!
- The amount makes a perfect snack for Game Day, as a party appetizer, or as a side dish to a larger meal. I've even enjoyed it as a main course!
- Making air fryer frozen shrimp makes less mess and is healthier compared to deep frying because there's no additional fat added. There's no oil splatter, and there's need to let the shrimp rest on a paper towel because there's no hot oil to soak up!
- You only need one ingredient! Two, if you opt to use the olive oil spray.
🛒 Ingredient notes
Popcorn shrimp - Use your favorite brand of packaged frozen breaded popcorn shrimp. We use the SeaPak shrimp, which comes in 18 ounce packages.
Optional: olive oil spray - You can use a little spray oil to lightly coat the air fryer basket before adding the shrimp. I find this adds a nice crispness to the outside of the shrimp. However, you can skip this if you prefer.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Air frying frozen popcorn shrimp is my preferred cooking method to get crispy fried shrimp, and it couldn't be easier!
- Spray the air fryer basket with a bit of cooking spray, if you prefer (you can skip this step if you want).
- Working in small batches, add about half of the shrimp in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Save the rest of the shrimp for a second batch, or for later.
- Air fry at 400°F for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
That's it! Your air fryer popcorn shrimp are all ready to serve with your favorite sauce and devour!
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
It is best to avoid aerosol sprays since they can ruin non-stick surfaces like the air fryer basket. However, you can use sprays that specifically state they have no propellants.
No need! One of the best things about this cooking process is that you can simply add the frozen small shrimp to the air fryer.
Allow the popcorn shrimp to cool, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
🍽 Serving ideas
Serve these popcorn shrimp with your favorite dipping sauce. We love using cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, or even sweet chili sauce for an Asian flair.
You can even make a whole meal of it by serving crispy popcorn shrimp as the main dish with Air Fryer Broccoli, french fries, or Instant Pot Garlic Rice.
Popcorn shrimp is also delicious served Po Boy sandwich style or taco style. Simple add some Tangy Slaw for crunch, texture, and added nutrition.
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this recipe? You really just need any air fryer to make this!
This is my favorite air fryer that my family uses every single day. I've also made this in Air Crisp mode in our Ninja Foodi XL Deluxe multicooker.
More air fryer seafood recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
- cooking spray
- 1 package (18 ounce) frozen popcorn shrimp
- Spray the air fryer basket with a bit of cooking spray.
- Add about half of the shrimp in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Save the rest of the shrimp for a second batch, or for later.
- Air fry at 400°F for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
Leave a Reply