This Radish Carrot Salad is so fresh, crunchy, and tangy! Serve it on a bed of arugula and tossed together with a simple vinaigrette dressing.
I love salads. But I don't love making salads.
Why? My favorite entree salads usually call for a lot of ingredients, and that usually involves a LOT of chopping, peeling, mixing, slicing.
But when we're talking about side salads, I want quick, easy, BOOM, done.
This Radish Carrot Salad fits the bill. It takes 10-15 minutes to make, and goes so well with most dishes to complete any meal.
What do you need to make this salad?
- one carrot
- a small bunch of radishes (usually 5-7 works)
- baby arugula - the peppery notes in arugula give this salad some dimension
- red wine vinaigrette made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper
- salted pepitas - pepitas are the green kernels of pumpkin seeds, usually from hull-less pumpkin varieities. They're SO tasty, and one of my favorite healthy foods to snack on!
How do you make this salad?
This is one of the EASIEST salads to make!
Simply peel the carrot into ribbons.
Make the vinaigrette.
Then toss together all of the ingredients and top with salted pepitas.
What would you serve with radish carrot salad?
This salad would be a great to serve at any dinner party. Or serve it as a side dish to so many different main entrees for an easy weeknight dinner!
Try serving it with any of these recipes:
- Citrus Herb Roast Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp Pineapple Skewers
- Cast Iron Rib Eye Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Antipasto Skewers
How long will this salad stay fresh?
If you've already mixed in the salad dressing, store any leftovers in a container in the refrigerator. It should keep for one more day after you make it.
What wine to serve with this salad?
Pair this summer salad with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc. The 2019 Villa Maria Private Bin Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc ($15) drinks beautifully with this dish. New Zealand makes some amazing Sauvignon Blanc. And this one has characteristic herbaceous and grassy aromas with lively acidity. This makes it pair well with the peppery arugula, which can be a difficult green to pair with wine.
More healthy recipes
- Citrus Roasted Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp Pineapple Skewers
- Pineapple Mango Sorbet Recipe
- Easy Shrimp Tacos
- Instant Pot Lentil Stew (Vegan)
Radish Carrot Salad
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 6-8 radishes, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salted pepitas
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrot into ribbons
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and red wine vinegar.
- In a large bowl, mix together the arugula, radish slices, carrot ribbons, and the dressing. Sprinkle salted pepitas over the top. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
Recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping
Jacqueline Debono says
I love crunchy and fresh side salads like this one. I don't think I've ever tried pepitas. I have to look out for them!
Lisa Huff says
Loving all the bright colors of this salad! And all those summer veggies, perfect!
This salad looks amazing!! Definitely want to try this. Bookmarked for later!
What a beautiful and delicious salad. This makes such a great presentation and love that it's so full of color. YUM!
This is an interesting combination. I am not a radish lover. My oldest daughter does not like carrots. Maybe if I combine them together...we will both enjoy it. Worth a shot for sure.
yum! What a great summer salad side dish, the flavors were great!