Need a mid-day pick-me-up to beat the afternoon slump? Looking for a healthy and delicious yet satisfying dinner? Try this Shrimp Quinoa Bowl with Mixed Veggies!
As a food blogger, I tend to have a fairly open palette. I'll try almost anything and have come to enjoy most foods. Cooking for my family and cooking for myself/this blog, however, are sometimes separate things.
For instance, one of my favorite foods in the whole world is shrimp. I love how it's a light, lean, delicious way to get my protein in, and how versatile it is. Shrimp has a way of soaking up spices and flavors that just makes me go crazy. I LOVE shrimp! However, I am the only person in my family who eats shrimp. Same goes for quinoa. Oh, my husband will eat it once in a while, but for the most part, he stays away from both quinoa and shrimp.
So this dish today, dear friends, is mine all mine. And now, yours too!
Shrimp Quinoa Bowl with Mixed Veggies
This shrimp quinoa bowl is one that comes together fairly quickly. This makes it an excellent choice for lunch or dinner.
It's hearty enough to be the main dish, but you could also make this as a side dish for a large dinner party.
What's in my Shrimp Quinoa Bowl?
This is a versatile recipe that you can definitely customize with your favorite veggies.
For this recipe, I use a base of:
- large shrimp
- mix of red and green peppers
More healthy recipes
Looking for more healthy recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- About 1 cup uncooked shrimp
- About 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 corn on the cob cooked and cut
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger or freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook corn on the cob and set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large pan.
- Add red peppers and broccoli and sauté until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add corn, shrimp, garlic, and onions. Then add the paprika, cumin, and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, just until the shrimp turns color.
- Slowly add coconut milk. Stir ingredients together for another minute.
- Add cooked quinoa and stir all together.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
Are there ingredients that you love to cook with, but your partner/kids/roommates do not like?