Impress guests at your next party with these fun, colorful, and delicious Mini Vegan Cheesecakes with Avocado, Lime and Pink Pitaya! This post is sponsored by California Avocados; all opinions, recipes, and photos are my own.
Summer is such an amazing time to be feasting on glorious California Avocados!
From a super versatile Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing and Dip to Avocado Corn Salads, we've been loving all of the savory summer dishes that celebrate the mighty avocado. As the temperatures rise, I also love using this amazing super food to make creamy, healthier summer desserts as well.
A colorful, fun & funky, California-inspired summertime treat
Now, California Avocados are as iconic to the vibrant Golden State as the state’s legacy for music. One of the music genres California is known for is the psychedelic funk that arose in the 1960s, particularly around the emerging colorful music and arts scene of San Francisco. So why not create a bright and beautiful summer dessert that celebrates both California legends in one, and pays homage to the colorful vibrant California lifestyle?
Psychedelic funk is all about no boundaries and surprising its audiences with something unexpected. By incorporating bright pink pitaya powder and California Avocados, this recipe will do exactly that.
Avocado Lime Pink Pitaya Mini Vegan Cheesecakes
I've created a yummy Avocado Lime and Pink Pitaya Mini Vegan Cheesecake recipe that is similar to my Nutty Vegan Mini Cheesecakes recipe, and bumped it up a couple of notches with layers of additional dairy-free goodness.
It starts with a Biscoff cookie crust, but you can use any of your favorite vegan ginger cookies or even vegan graham crackers.
The second layer is a rich, creamy avocado and cashew concoction with a touch of bright, citrusy lime juice.
The final layer is a cashew cream and pink pitaya "cheese"cake layer.
If you're on Instagram, you have probably seen adorable, colorful creations featuring super food powders like pink pitaya, blue spirulina, and bright beetroot, and black gojiberry. They each contain a variety of different health benefits, and help make food even more vibrant and beautiful to eat!
Pink Pitaya in particular is known for being high in fiber, rich in antioxidents, low in cholesterol, and is known for containing fatty acids, which help improve skin and nails. You can find these superfood powders online, and in some health food stores around the world.
Vegan Avocado Lime Pink Pitaya Cheesecakes
These Mini Vegan Cheesecakes are soooo creamy, thanks to the coconut cream addition. If you can't find canned coconut cream, you can buy canned coconut milk, set it in the refrigerator for a few hours, and then use the cream from the can (save the remaining liquid coconut milk for pasta sauces, soups, and Thai chicken dishes!).
The lime juice adds a summery citrus flavor, and pairs beautifully with the sugary crunchy cookie crust.
These are perfect treats to keep on hand in the freezer and enjoy on hot summer days. Simply allow them to thaw at room temperature for about 2-4 minutes before enjoying!
Avocado Lime & Pink Pitaya Mini Vegan Cheesecake Recipe
Mini Vegan Cheesecakes with Avocado, Lime and Pink Pitaya
- 24 vegan gingersnap or spice cookies
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
Ingredients: Avocado Lime Layer
- 1 cup cashews, fast-soaked and drained (see notes)
- 1 medium to large avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup full fat coconut cream
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners OR strips of parchment paper into each spot in a 12-serving muffin pan.
- Make the crust:
- In a food processor, blend the cookies and melted coconut oil until the texture resembles a crust.
- Scoop a generous tablepoonful of crust mixture into each muffin tin spot and press down gently to create a layer of crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes, just enough to have the crust stick nicely together.
Make the avocado lime layer
- In a high-powered blender, add the cashews, avocado, coconut cream, agave nectar, and lime juice. Blend on medium until ingredients are well incorporated into a creamy texture.
- Place an overflowing tablespoonful of the avocado cream mixture into the muffin tins, on top of the crust.
- Place in the freezer and allow to set a bit while you make the pink pitaya layer.
Make the pink pitaya layer
- In a high-powered blender, add the cashews, coconut cream, pink pitaya powder, agave nectar, vanilla and lime juice. Blend on medium until ingredients are well incorporated into a creamy texture.
- Place an overflowing tablespoonful of the pink pitaya cream mixture into the muffin tins, on top of the avocado layer.
- Place in the freezer for at least one hour and keep in an airtight container in the freezer until you are ready to serve. When ready, remove from freezer and bring slightly to room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM WITH #URBANBLISSLIFE AND TAG @URBANBLISSLIFE. I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU MAKE! AND IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE DO ME A HUGE FAVOR AND LEAVE A STAR RATING. THANK YOU, SWEET FRIENDS!
More Avocado Bliss
- Avocado Lime Dressing and Dip
- Creamy Avocado Pesto in Under 10 Minutes!
- Shrimp Avocado Pasta Recipe: Fettuccine with Avocado Cashew Cream Sauce
- Avocado Corn Salad
This post is sponsored by California Avocado Commission. All opinions, recipes, and photos are, as always, my own. I looooove avocados!