This Avocado Corn Salad is so pretty and healthy! With the bright green from the avocados, the sweet summer yellow from the corn, and all of the gorgeous red from the tomatoes and red bell peppers. Gotta love a colorful vegan salad!
Salads are some of the most delicious parts of summer! When the sun comes out, we love to make Caprese Salad, Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Salad, Melon and Prosciutto Caprese Salad, and Thai Chicken Salad.
All the fresh fruits and vegetables, eating outdoors, less time spent over a hot stove. This Avocado Corn Salad is a great main dish salad for lunch or dinner. Or, serve it as a side salad at picnics, barbecues, and potlucks!
The biggest part of making this salad is in the prep. Lots of chopping, dicing, mincing, zesting, juicing. This recipe is adapted from the Corn and Avocado Salad recipe on The Food Network, which states it takes about 30 minutes of prep.
But the prep time IS the cook time! So in essence, once you're done prepping the ingredients, all you have to do is toss them all together and serve! That makes this a healthy, nutritious, delicious 30-minute meal. Perfect for those summer days you don't want to spend all afternoon in the kitchen.
What you need to make avocado corn salad
To make this salad, you'll need:
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- red onions
- red bell pepper
- lime juice
I'm so excited to share this recipe with you, that I even made a video about one of the kitchen tools I used to cut down on some prep time. YUP. A video. On my shiny somewhat-new-rarely-used YouTube channel.
I used the OXO Good Grips Corn Stripper, a cute little zippy yellow tool to help make shucking corn a breeze. We've used it several times while grilling up different summer dishes. Check it out. I love this tool! It's totally #WhatAGrillWants for summer recipes.
How to serve Avocado Corn Salad
This Avocado Corn Salad can be served on its own as a main dish salad for lunch or dinner. Or, make it as a side salad for your next summer picnic or barbecue. You can also enjoy it as a dip with tortilla chips!
Avocado Corn Salad
- 4 ears of corn with husks removed
- 4 avocados diced
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice as much juice as you can get from one lemon
- 2 pints grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Boil corn in a large pot of salted, already-boiling water and boil for 3-5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and shuck into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss avocados with lemon juice.
- Add avocados, tomatoes, red peppers, onions, and lime zest into the bowl with the corn.
- In a medium bowl, whisk lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pour over the large bowl of other ingredients.
- Gently toss all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, toss in cilantro.