These Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies are super easy and so much fun! A great activity to do with the kids for Halloween!
While Halloween certainly will be different this year, if you've got kids, I bet you still want to find ways to make the holiday special.
I have two teenagers who are not so much into elaborate costumes and arts & crafts anymore. They are, however, always up for celebrating any holiday with special yummy treats!
Enter: super easy, fun, tasty Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies!
Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies
When I came up with this recipe, I was actually lying in bed trying to think of fun, simple Halloween treats I could make with my own kids this year. The shape of Nutter Butter cookies flashed in my mind and I knew they would make cute little ghosts!
I hadn't had Nutter Butter cookies in years. But I did used to eat them as a kid. I can happily say, they are still yummy little peanut butter snacks. And, perfect to make Halloween ghost cookies!
Just three ingredients
You just need THREE ingredients to make these fun Halloween cookies:
- Nutter Butter cookies
- white chocolate
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make ghost cookies
Start by slicing about ⅓ off the end of each Nutter Butter cookie. See the pic above of the sliced cookies. So it will look like ghosts!
Discard the chopped off cookie pieces by devouring them. No sense wasting good cookies!
Melt white chocolate either on the stovetop over a double boiler. Or, in the microwave. I prefer to melt chocolate for small treats like this in the microwave. Start at 30 seconds, mix together, then continue to melt in 30 second increments and mix until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
Dip each cookie into the chocolate. Place onto parchment paper to cool. Place two mini chocolate chips for eyes, or three mini chocolate chips for eyes and a ghost mouth, on each cookie.
More Halloween treats
If you've got kids at home, check out these fun Halloween activities with free printables:
And if you want to keep the Halloween family fun going, make this incredibly easy and fun Monster Halloween Bark!
- 15-20 Nutter Butter cookies
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- mini chocolate chips
- Prepare a large plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice off the bottom ⅓ of each Nutter Butter Cookie.
- Dip each cookie into the melted white chocolate. Set each coated cookie onto parchment paper. Place mini chocolate chips onto each cookie: use two to create eyes, or three to create eyes and a ghost mouth.
- Allow to cool either on your countertop or in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.