Looking for an easy, make-ahead appetizer? Marinated feta cheese is a delicious, no fuss crowd-pleaser that is perfect for any party!
When throwing parties, it's a good idea to have a few dishes you can make the day before or earlier in the week. That way, you're not overwhelmed with preparing so many dishes on the day of the party.
This marinated feta cheese recipe is incredibly easy appetizer. You can make it the day before, or even a few days before you're ready to serve it.
And, it's incredibly delicious! It's always a crowd-pleaser.
Even though I'm dairy-free, I still love to make cheese dishes for my friends and family. This is an easy appetizer recipe that I'd made over and over again for several years – way before I became dairy-free. So I can personally attest that it tastes AMAZING!
How to make marinated feta cheese
Cut the feta cheese into small uniform cubes.
In a bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and pepper.
Then gently fold in the feta cheese.
Transfer to a jar with lid or any other airtight container with lid. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
TIP: you can also mix the ingredients together in a large jar or food storage container. Just be sure there is enough room to gently mix the ingredient together with a spoon, then cover. This way, you save yourself from doing one more dish! ;)
How to serve marinated feta
I like to serve this appetizer simply: in a small bowl, as part of a larger grazing table. Keep a small container of toothpicks or small cocktail picks nearby so people can serve themselves. You could also place toothpicks in each one ahead of time and arrange them neatly on a tray.
Alternatively, you could place these onto a serving tray along with baguette slices or crackers.
Marinated feta is also delicious served on top of a Greek salad!
How long can you keep marinated feta?
Marinated feta will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
More appetizer recipes
- Classic Tomato Bruschetta with Balsamic Vinegar
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Meatballs with Romesco Sauce
- Gougère Bites: Dairy-Free Cheese Puff Appetizers
- Easy Dairy-Free Spinach Dip
Marinated Feta Cheese
- 8 ounce block of firm Greek feta cheese, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the feta cheese block into small, uniform squares.
- In a large bowl or jar, mix together the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Gently add the feta cubes into the mixture and stir around with a spoon to coat all of the cubes.
- Place the lid on the container and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. This allows the feta to soak up the yummy flavors. Serve with sliced crostini or crackers.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.