These Air Fryer Hash Browns are perfect for family breakfasts and brunch gatherings. So easy, fast, and delicious!
Hash browns are so versatile for breakfast. They're easy to make from scratch, but even easier to grab a bag of frozen hash browns and get the day moving. We always have a bag of frozen hash browns in the freezer for those mornings when we need a fast and easy breakfast that's also hearty and super satisfying.
And one of my favorite ways to cook frozen hash browns is in the air fryer!
Have hash brown patties? Check out our tips for cooking Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties!
🌟 Why use the air fryer to cook hash browns?
Here are a few reasons cooking frozen hash browns in the air fryer is my favorite way to make them:
- You can cook them from frozen. No need to thaw before cooking!
- It's a tad healthier. Now, hash browns are still not a health food item, but you do use considerably less cooking oil when air frying compared to frying on the stovetop.
- Easy clean up. The Ninja Foodi dual zone air fryer that we have is SUPER easy to clean. You don't have to worry about cleaning up oil splatters with an air fryer, as you do when you fry on the stove.
- The air fryer makes hash browns that are super crispy (again, with less oil). Just the way they should be!
🥔 Ingredient notes
Frozen hash browns - Use frozen shredded hash browns that come in a 20 ounce package. You'll find them in the breakfast section of your local grocer's freezer aisle.
Seasonings - kosher salt, ground black pepper, ground paprika. You can, of course, leave the ground paprika out. But my family loves the added flavor of paprika to many air fried foods (check out our popular Air Fryer Paprika Chicken post for one of our faves!)
✅ Step-by-step instructions:
Preheat air fryer at 390°F while you prep the hash browns.
In a large bowl, combine the shredded hash browns, salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss together until well mixed.
Spray the air fryer basket or trays with non-aerosol cooking spray, then place the seasoned shredded hash browns into an even layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches.
Air fry at 390°F for 10 to 12 minutes, until the hash browns reach your desired level of crispness, shaking the basket or flipping the hash browns over halfway through.
❓ Air Fryer Breakfast Recipe FAQs
Yes! Just be sure to cover the parchment evenly with the hash browns. Otherwise, the paper that isn't covered by food may fly up and get torched a bit.
Allow the hash browns to cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 or 4 days.
To reheat, place the hash browns in the air fryer basket or trays and reheat at 350°F for about 5 minutes, just until the hash browns are heated through again. I usually spray a little oil below and on the tops of the hashbrowns.
💡Hash brown breakfast ideas
Even before you air fry hash browns, you can customize the flavor by mixing in different seasonings. Try this homemade Cajun seasoning, homemade BBQ rub, or homemade Fajita seasoning for something a little different!
Once you've air fried your frozen shredded hash browns, the breakfast possibilities are endless!
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Preheat air fryer at 390°F while you prep the hash browns.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded hash browns, salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss together until well mixed.
- Spray the air fryer basket or trays with non-aerosol cooking spray, then place the seasoned shredded hash browns into an even layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches.
- Air fry at 390°F for 10 to 12 minutes, until the hash browns reach your desired level of crispness, shaking the basket or flipping the hash browns over halfway through.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.