If you need a fast and hearty breakfast, these Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties are for you! I'll show you how easy it is to cook frozen hash brown patties in the air fryer so they are crispy and delicious, without excess oil.
Have a package of frozen hash brown patties in your freezer? You're not alone! We always have some in our freezer, and our family loves them for quick breakfasts on busy mornings.
And if you have an air fryer, you've got one of the BEST ways to cook frozen hash browns at your fingertips! And, it's also one of the fastest ways to make cinnamon rolls!
Why You'll Love Air Frying Hash Brown Patties
Air frying frozen hash brown patties is one of my favorite ways to cook them, for so many different reasons.
- Hands-off cooking. Simply add the frozen patties to the air fryer, set the time, and flip halfway through. No constantly watching the stove or worrying about oil splatter.
- Crispy hash brown patties without added oil. The circulating fan in the air fryer allows the patties to get that super crispy outer hash brown crunch we all love without cooking it in a lot of oil.
- Easy clean up. Most air fryers have non-stick baskets or trays, making them super easy to clean!
- Variety. You can use hash brown patties to create so many different kinds of breakfast meals. Read on below for some ideas!
A One-Ingredient Recipe
All you really need to make these are frozen hash brown patties. That's really it! Optional ingredients include cooking spray, kosher salt, and ground black pepper.
Every air fryer is different. Depending on your air fryer, you may need to preheat it at 400°F for 2-3 minutes. If you have one that heats up quickly, and if you're in a hurry, you can skip this step.
You can spray the air fryer basket or trays with cooking spray if you'd like some added protection from the patties sticking to the basket or tray. My Ninja air fryer is really well-coated, so I usually skip this step.
Next, add the frozen hash brown patties to the basket or tray in a single layer. You may need to work in batches or use an internal rack for more space, depending on the size of your air fryer.
Air fry at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until the hash browns reach your desired level of crispness.
Air Fryer Breakfast Recipe FAQs
You are using less oil than you would if you were to fry hash brown patties in a pan on the stove, so it is slightly healthier because of that. However, frozen hash brown patties wouldn't be classified as a health food.
Reheat in the air fryer at 350°F for 4 to 5 minutes, until the hash browns are warm and crisp again.
Allow leftover hash browns to cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 or 4 days.
Hash Brown Breakfast Ideas
One of the BEST things about hash brown patties is how versatile they are. You can create so many different breakfast options with them!
Top a hash brown patty with a fried egg, salsa, and chopped cilantro for a delectable Tex Mex breakfast.
And of course, you can enjoy these crispy air fryer hash brown patties with a classic American breakfast. Add a fried or scrambled egg, a couple of slices of Air Fryer Bacon, and a cup of coffee.
Other hash brown breakfast ideas:
- Top with sliced ham and Grueyere cheese then air fry or microwave for an additional 30-45 seconds, until the cheese melts.
- Make an air fryer hash brown casserole: line a lightly greased baking dish with air fried hash brown patties, top with scrambled eggs, sausage crumbles, and shredded cheeses. Then bake for 15 minutes or just until the cheese gets all melty.
- Top with slices of avocado, radishes, cucumbers, and microgreens for a vegetable-packed brunch or snack.
Kitchen Tools and Equipment
You can use any standard size air fryer to make this recipe. I use my Ninja Foodi 10-quart Dual Zone Air Fryer, which I LOVE because it's so easy to clean and air fries quickly. But you can use any 6-quart or 8-quart basket-style air fryer or tray-style air fryer.
You'll also need a pair of tongs or a spatula to flip over the patties halfway through cooking.
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below and a review in the comments further down. Thanks!
Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- optional: cooking spray
- If desired, spray the air fryer basket or trays with cooking spray (see notes).
- Preheat air fryer at 400°F for 2 minutes. Add the frozen hash brown patties. Air fry at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until the hash browns reach your desired level of crispness.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
Leave a Reply