If you're looking for a delicious side dish, try this Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe. With crispy fresh asparagus spears and crunchy, smoky bacon, it's sure to become a family favorite!
Whether you're looking for an easy side dish to make for a busy weeknight, or a delicious side dish for the holidays, this air fryer asparagus recipe is a great option.
We love bacon-wrapped food here at Urban Bliss Life. These Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Scallops are the perfect balance of salty and sweet. And these Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp are the perfect party appetizer.
In fact, air frying is one of our favorite ways to cook appetizers and side dishes. And this Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is one of our favorite bacon recipes. It's a great side dish to cook any night of the week!
🌟 Why this recipe works
If you're a bacon lover, you are gonna love this air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus.
- Easy - This is an easy asparagus recipe that's simple enough that your kids can help make this side dish with you. Older kids can even make this on their own.
- Fast - Cooking this veggie dish in an air fryer cuts down on cooking time. You can make this vegetable side dish in just 20 minutes.
- Delicious - Air frying crisps up the tender asparagus spears with a delicate char, giving them an almost grilled flavor. The bacon adds a salty, savory crunch to every bite.
🛒 Ingredient notes
- Asparagus - This easy recipe calls for one bundle of asparagus. If you want crispier bacon, use thinner spears. If you want less crispy asparagus, use thicker stalks.
- Bacon - Use thin center cut bacon. While the recipe calls for one pound of delicious bacon, you may not use the entire package depending on how many asparagus bundles you make.
- Seasoning - You'll need olive oil, garlic powder, kosher salt, and ground black pepper.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
You'll find a list of ingredients and detailed air frying instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here are the easy steps along with photos to help you make this yummy side dish.
Start by cutting off the woody ends of the asparagus spears.
- Rub the asparagus with olive oil.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over the spears
- Sprinkle the kosher salt and ground black pepper over the spears and rub the seasoning in.
4. Bundle up anywhere from 3 to 5 asparagus spears, depending on how thick they are. Working from about an inch from the bottom of the bundle, wrap one piece of bacon around each bundle. The bacon will slightly overlap as it wraps around, ending just before the tips.
5. Spray the air fryer basket(s) with cooking spray, then use tongs to gently place the bacon wrapped asparagus bundles at the bottom of the basket(s). Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to fit anywhere from 4-6 bundles. You may need to work in batches. Air fry asparagus at 390°F for 5 minutes.
At 5 minutes, use tongs to flip the bundles over. Then air fry again for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
👩🏻🍳 Air frying tips and recipe FAQs
Air frying tips
- Use thin asparagus spears for crispier asparagus and thicker asparagus stalks if you want less crispy asparagus.
- If using thin spears, for best results, start checking on them during the 2nd round of air frying around the 3-minute mark to ensure they don't overcook.
- A little bit of cooking spray on the bottom of your air fryer basket will help prevent the bacon and asparagus from sticking to the basket.
- Make sure you cook the bundles in a single layer in the air fryer. Don't stack the bundles.
You can use a sharp knife to slice off the tough, lighter-colored ends of each asparagus spear. You can also slightly bend a spear and feel where it wants to break, then either snap off the end at that point or slice it off with a knife.
This side dish is best served soon after it's cooked. However, you can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
🍽 Serving ideas
This is an amazing dish to serve as a side dish or appetizer.
It's great to serve at holiday meals, such as Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, and Easter.
🍷 🥂 Wine pairings
Asparagus can be a tricky vegetable to pair with wine, but there are two wines that pair beautifully with it.
A crisp Sauvignon Blanc with its bright acidity and citrus notes can be a great choice. It cuts through the richness of the bacon and complements the freshness of the asparagus.
A buttery Chardonnay can work well with bacon-wrapped asparagus, as it complements the smokiness of the bacon and provides a creamy contrast to the dish.
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this recipe? Here are the kitchen tools and equipment you'll need:
More air fryer side dish recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Place asparagus in a large bowl or shallow pan, rub with olive oil so all of the asparagus are covered. Then season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and toss together to evenly coat the asparagus.
- Wrap one bacon slice around a bundle of 3 to 4 asparagus spears, starting about an inch from the ends, overlapping slightly, then finishing about an inch from the top of the spears (see photos for examples).
- Spray air fryer basket(s) with cooking spray.
- Place bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles into the air fryer baskets, leaving a little room between each bundle. You will likely have to work in batches.
- Air fry at 390°F for 5 minutes. Flip the bundles over.
- Then air fry for another 4 to 5 minutes, just until asparagus is cooked and slightly crispy.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.