Let's have FUN this Halloween! Participate in the pay-it-forward Halloween treat giving experience with these cute (and free!) You've Been Booed Halloween Printables!
Let's face it: trick-or-treating is not what it used to be. But there's one tradition that still remains a safe way to share the Halloween spirit and neighborly love: Booing!
What does it mean when you've been booed?
The longstanding American tradition of "booing" your neighbors is sweet and simple. Basically, there are four parts to this fun Halloween activity:
- You pack up some treats in a cute little Halloween bag or basket. The treats can be homemade or store-bought.
- Then you secretly hang the bag or basket on your neighbor's door along with a You've Been Booed! sign, and a We've Been Booed sign. The trick is to do so without your neighbors knowing who left the treats!
- The neighbors then hang the We've Been Booed sign on their front door or in a front window where it's easy to see.
- Then they pass along the Halloween fun by leaving You've Been Booed treats on two other neighbors' doors who have not been "booed" yet.
It's just another way to pass along joy from one neighbor to another.
You've Been Booed Free Printable
If you're going to participate in this Halloween tradition, I've got some fun You've Been Booed FREE printables for you!
This You've Been Booed printable prints four to a sheet, so you can spread the Halloween fun to more families if you like!
Click here to download the You've Been Booed free printable
The We've Been Booed printables are a little larger at around 5" x 7", and print two to a sheet. These are the signs that neighbors display on their front door or window to let other neighbors know they've already been booed.
Click here to download the We've Been Booed free printable
How to use these Halloween printables
- Click the links to the printables above then save/download them to your desktop.
- Print them out on your home printer. Use cardstock instead of regular printer paper to make them thicker like cards.
- Use a paper cutter or scissors to cut along the edges of each design.
The tradition of secretly leaving neighbors treats with "You've Been Booed!" signs reportedly started sometime in the 1980s.
Nowadays, ghosting is a term used to refer to cutting off communication with someone suddenly without warning. However, before it became associated with this modern day action, Americans would use the term ghosting to refer to what is now regularly known as booing.
More Halloween Printables
- Halloween Bingo Cards
- Halloween at Home
- Free Halloween Party Printables
- Halloween Crafts Using Googly Eyes
NOTE: these are ©UrbanBlissLife original designs. You may not copy or alter these designs or reprint, republish, sell, or share them, in part or in full, with others in any way. These designs are for personal use only and not for commercial use. Violators will be prosecuted.
Leave a Reply