This White Chocolate Peppermint Bark is so easy to make and is a beautiful, delicious holiday food gift or party dessert!
Do you like to make holiday food gifts to give to friends and family?
Whether you buy a box of truffles from the store or make your own holiday truffles, food is always a thoughtful, useful gift.
One SUPER easy treat we like to make as part of our food extravaganza for friends: white chocolate peppermint bark.
Just 3 ingredients!
To make white chocolate peppermint bark, you'll need some plastic candy molds. I love these holiday candy molds.
As far as ingredients, you only need:
- dark chocolate or milk chocolate
- white chocolate
- candy canes
Making holiday bark
To make white chocolate peppermint bark, first crush the candy canes into little pieces. Set them aside.
Melt the dark chocolate or milk chocolate. Pour it into the bottom of the candy molds. Be sure to coat the entire bottom of the mold evenly. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate. Once the dark chocolate has set enough, pour the melted white chocolate evenly into each mold.
Sprinkle crushed candy canes over each of the molds and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 10-15 minutes. Once firmly set, move carefully from the molds and place into a refrigerator safe container until you are ready to serve/gift.
More holiday cookies & candy
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- The Best Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- No Bake Oreo Balls
- Bourbon Truffles with Honey
White Chocolate Holiday Bark with Peppermint
- holiday candy molds
- 12 traditional red & white candy canes
- 1 pound white chocolate
- 1 pound dark or milk chocolate
- Place candy canes into a ziplock bag (I usually double bag because some bits can poke holes in one bag). Using a kitchen mallet or rolling pin, pound on those candy canes until they are crushed into tiny bits.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments. Whisk smooth in-between, and continue melting until just smooth. Do not overheat the chocolate or it will seize up!
- When the white chocolate is nearly all melted, stir in the crushed candy canes.
- Spoon the mixture into each candy mold, carefully ensuring that the white chocolate covers the entire bottom surface of each mold and goes slightly up the sides (but do not fill to the top of the mold!). Place the candy mold trays aside in the refrigerator to let the chocolate set.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until just melted, stirring in between intervals.
- Take the candy mold trays out of the refrigerator and then carefully spoon the melted dark chocolate over the slightly chilled white chocolate mixture in each mold.
- Place the candy mold trays back into the refrigerator until the dark chocolate has hardened. Take the trays out, flip over onto a plate or other flat resting surface, and gently push out the chocolate snowflakes. If the chocolate is completely set, the shapes should pop right out as soon as you flip over the trays.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.