Want a fun Halloween treat the whole family will love to make and to eat? Try this Oreo Spider Cookie recipe! These Halloween spider cookies are super easy to make and are the perfect Halloween party food.
Halloween food can be so fun and easy to make!
My kids and I have loved making fun Halloween treats each year. Some of our favorite Halloween recipes that we've made for Halloween parties at school and at home include Halloween Monster Bark, Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies, Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats, and Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats.
And add to the list our latest Halloween treat recipe: these adorable easy Oreo Spider Cookies!
🌟 Why this recipe works
Whether or not you have kids at home, you will love these fun Oreo cookie spiders! They're the perfect treat and a fun project for Halloween.
- Easy - These easy Halloween spider cookies are an easy treat that little kids ages 3 and up to help you make. I've got a photo step-by-step guide down below to help kids ages 6 or 7 and older make this on their own, too!
- Fast - You can make these special treats in 10 minutes!
- Simple - The easy recipe calls for simple ingredients you can find in any grocery store.
- Delicious - The crunch and saltiness of the pretzels and the sweetness and creaminess of the Oreo filling are a delectable flavor combination.
Ready to make this fun Halloween treat? Let's gather the ingredients you need!
🛒 Ingredient notes
You just need four basic ingredients to make these fun treats.
- Oreo cookies - Double stuffed Oreos are great to make these spider cookies. Use regular Double Stuff Oreos or Halloween Oreos for more colorful Oreo spider cookies.
- Pretzel sticks - Cut the pretzel sticks in half to create the spider legs. Make sure you have 8 legs per spider cookie! You could also use pocky sticks or black licorice legs.
- Frosting - You just need about a small dab of vanilla frosting or chocolate frosting to secure the eyeballs onto the cookies. Alternatively, you could use melted chocolate.
- Candy eyeballs - You'll find edible googly eyes in the baking section of your local grocery store year-round. You could also use candy corn or mini marshmallows with mini chocolate chips to create the spider eyes.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Making these easy spider cookies couldn't be easier! The full list of ingredients and detailed instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. But here's a photo step-by-step guide to show you how.
- Carefully twist apart the Oreo cookie so one half is just the cookie and the other half has the filling. Snap pretzel sticks in half and gently press 8 pretzel halves into the cream filling so that they stick out halfway of the side of the cookie to resemble spider legs.
- Place the other cookie half back on top, gently pressing down. Use a small spoon, tiny butter knife, mini cake spatula, or toothpick to place a small amount of vanilla frosting onto the top cookie where the two eyes will be.
- Gently press cute candy eyes over the two dots to secure them to the cookie.
Now you've got an adorable treat for Halloween!
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Double Stuf Oreos are the best, since there is more cream filling for the pretzel sticks to grab onto. If you use regular oreos, the cookies may be more likely to fall apart because there's not enough filling holding each side of the oreos together.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
🍽 Serving ideas
These are great treats to serve at your next Halloween party! Add them to your Halloween dessert table with:
- Halloween Pinwheel Cookies
- Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies
- Monster Halloween Bark
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
- Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
While these are cute and adorable Oreo spiders, you can also make spooky spider cookies. Use candy fangs with red icing to make vampire cookies.
Fun Halloween printables
Throwing a Halloween party? Check out our Ultimate Bundle of Halloween printables!
The Halloween printables bundle includes:
- Halloween party invitation design
- Halloween bingo cards + call-out cards
- Lunchbox laughs with Halloween-themed jokes
- Halloween word search
- Halloween favor bag fold-over tags
- Trick-or-treating scavenger hunt
- Halloween candy wrappers
More Halloween recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Oreo spider cookies
- 12 OREO cookies
- 48 mini pretzel sticks, cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla frosting
- 24 candy eyeballs
- Gently twist off one half of an Oreo cookie. Then press 8 halves of mini pretzel sticks into the creme filling of one side so the pretzel sticks resemble spider legs around the cookie.
- To the Oreo half without the cream filling, use a toothpick or small butter knife or spoon to add two dots of frosting to the outside of the cookie half.
- Place a candy eyeball on each of the dotted frosting.
- Assemble the top "face" onto the other half of the prepared Oreo cookie. Press down gently to secure the top half to the bottom half; if you press down too hard you may end up with broken pretzels and/or broken cookies.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Use Double Stuff Oreos. The more creme filling, the better the pretzel stick halves will stay in the cookies.
- You can also assemble the top halves to the bottom halves after placing the pretzel sticks in, then dotting the top halves with frosting and candy eyeballs. Either order works!
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.