These Honey Bourbon Wings are baked sticky chicken wings with a delicious sweet sauce. Perfect for any weeknight dinner, tailgating parties, and holiday parties!
Well, hello, FRIDAY! WOW - what a week it has been.
Every single part of my life is at maximum speed right now: work, other work, my online shop is hopping with Teacher Appreciation orders, massive amounts of awesome fun blog work, kid stuff, volunteer work, and travel planning for the rest of the year (see you soon Idaho, Montana, Hawaii, and various Washington Wine Country spots!).
Has your week been just as crazy? This is one weekend I am definitely looking forward to!
Weeks like this can only be met with one meal: sticky chicken wings.
Now, I LOVE wings. Do you, too?
Baked or grilled, sweet or spicy... wings always manage to make almost any meal a party. And this week deserves some celebration, friends.
Today I'm sharing my recipe for Honey Bourbon Wings.
Honey bourbon is the magic combo that just keeps on giving. I love to honey bourbon ALL THE THINGS. Everything from Honey Bourbon Chocolate Truffles to Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Meatballs. You bet I have some honey bourbon cocktails planned for the summer, too (cheers!).
Honey Bourbon Wings
These baked chicken wings are slightly sweet and more on the sticky side, versus the dripping-with-sauce, spicy Buffalo wings type of chicken wings.
I really love that these honey bourbon chicken wings are baked. Baking wings gives them that beautiful, yummy sticky skin while retaining super tender meat that's packed with flavors.
These wings can be served as a party appetizer, and would be great for any tailgating party or holiday soiree. These can also be paired with a salad and/or some rice to make a delectable meal any night of the week.
Honey + Bourbon + Wings = the ultimate head-into-the-weekend BLISS.
Eat up, and enjoy the weekend ahead!
Honey Bourbon Wings Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- salt and pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients (apple cider vinegar through garlic) into a large bowl.
- Add the chicken wings and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. You can make these the day before and refrigerate over night as well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken wings from the bowl, setting aside the marinade.
- Place chicken wings, wing-side down, on the foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- At 30 minutes, baste chicken with reserve marinade, and rotate the pan.
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.