Cilantro Lime Asian Chicken Wings are the perfect party appetizer, and one of my favorite asian wings recipes!
We made it to FOODIE FRIDAY, folks! This deserves a celebration!
And what better way to celebrate than by sharing one of the foods that I am blissfully in LOVE with... and think you might be too: WINGS.
Aww yeah . . . chicken wings. I could eat a dozen wings at least once a week and be so very happy.
In preparation for the big snow storm a couple of weeks ago, I threw a 2.5 pound bag of chicken wings into our shopping cart during our Survival Grocery Store Run. I had planned on making either my mom's classic teriyaki chicken, or the sweet & sour chicken wings recipe we've made in the past for parties (wings are GREAT to make when you have to entertain a large crowd!). But staring into our refrigerator on Day 4 of being snowed in, inspiration struck: we had cilantro, limes, and fresh garlic. Why not use them with the wings?
Thus, Cilantro Lime Asian Chicken Wings were born.
Asian Wings Recipe: Cilantro Lime Asian Chicken Wings
The ingredients come together quickly: teriyaki sauce (I am a devotee of Yoshida's Original Teriyaki Sauce), chopped garlic, ginger, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
It's just the marinating that takes some time. We marinated ours for four hours, but based on past chicken wing experience (and if you can't tell, I have some experience making wings!), you can marinate the chicken anywhere from just two hours to overnight. The longer you marinate, the more flavorful your wings will be!
Then you bake the chicken wings at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
I like to serve most Asian chicken wings we make with a side of brown rice and steamed veggies.
Do you love wings as much as I do? You will LOVE this delicious wings recipe! I can't wait for you to try it and let me know what you think!
More chicken recipes
- Chicken Adobo Instant Pot
- How to Cook Popcorn Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
Cilantro Lime Chicken Asian Wings Recipe
- 2.5 pounds of chicken wings
- 2 cups Yoshida's Original Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ Tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice from one lime
- Salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Add chicken wings to the bowl, season with salt & pepper, and mix to ensure as much of the wings are submerged in the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours (you can refrigerate these overnight).
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- After the chicken has been marinated, place on a baking sheet covered with foil (you can also coat with cooking spray).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until the juices run clear.
- Set out at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before serving.
I usually turn the baking sheet around halfway through the cook time to ensure even baking.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.