These Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats are easy to make and the perfect meal prep grab-and-go breakfasts for busy mornings!
Mornings can be a hectic time for families. As a mother of two teenagers, and a furry third child who insists on waking me up by shoving his cute little labrador nose on my face at 6:00am on the dot - I totally get it.
But I'm also a firm believer in getting some healthy protein that's also tasty to start the day. And a delicious breakfast that's also super convenient and easy peasy is a great way to set the tone for the day.
Enter Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats! We love homemade cinnamon rolls in our house (check out our Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll recipe for a shortcut). And this cinnamon roll overnight oats recipe is a delightful twist on a classic breakfast favorite.
This is one of those easy-to-make overnight oat recipes that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also offers a wholesome and nutritious way to start your day.
🌟 Why this recipe works
This simple recipe makes a hearty breakfast the whole family will love!
- Classic flavors in a new twist - You get the warm and comforting cinnamon roll flavors in grab-and-go breakfast form.
- Time-saving and convenient - One of the best things about this recipe is that it's a great make-ahead breakfast. Simply mix the ingredients the night before, refrigerate, and wake up to a ready-to-eat breakfast. This time-saving aspect is a game-changer for busy families, as it eliminates the need for morning prep and allows for a stress-free start to the day.
- Customizable for picky eaters - Cinnamon roll overnight oats are highly versatile and easy to customize with individual family member faves.
- Packed with nutrients - These oats provide a wholesome breakfast that keeps you energized throughout the morning.
- A healthier alternative - Traditional cinnamon rolls are often high in refined sugars and saturated fats. These cinnamon roll overnight oats offer a healthier alternative. You can enjoy the delightful flavors of a cinnamon roll without the guilt!
🛒 Ingredient notes
This easy overnight oats recipe contains just six simple ingredients that are easy to find in any local grocery store.
- Almond milk - You can use any type of milk. Since I'm dairy-free, I use non-dairy milk like almond milk.
- Oats - Oats are a nutritional powerhouse, offering a rich source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The best type of oats to use in this recipe are old fashioned oats, also often labeled as "rolled oats" or "old-fashioned rolled oats." It's best to avoid steel-cut oats, unless you like chewier breakfast oats. Quick oats and instant oats are also not the best for these recipes, as they may become too mushy overnight.
- Cinnamon - The signature flavor of these cinnamon roll oats!
- Vanilla - Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Brown sugar - To add to the cinnamon roll flavor and to a little extra sweetness.
- Chia seeds - For added nutritional value and texture.
Substitutions, additional toppings, and variations:
- For vegan options, use your favorite non-dairy milk.
- Substitute maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar for the brown sugar.
- Substitute flaxseeds for chia seeds.
- Fresh fruit, mini chocolate chips, or cinnamon roll icing or glaze are all great additions for toppings.
- Use your favorite milk, or plant-based milk or non-dairy milk, such as coconut milk, cashew milk, oat milk, soy milk, or almond milk.
- Add vanilla protein powder or chocolate protein powder for additional grams of protein.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
This is an easy overnight oats recipe that anyone can make! The full list of ingredients and printable recipe card are at the bottom of this post. But here are some step-by-step photos to show you how easy this is to make.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Stir together the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Pour an even amount of overnight oats mixture divided between two 12-ounce mason jars. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Absolutely! Cinnamon roll overnight oats are perfect for batch preparation. Simply multiply the ingredients based on the number of servings you need and store them in individual airtight containers. They can be refrigerated for up to five days, making it a convenient option for meal prepping.
Substitute regular oats with certified gluten-free oats, and ensure that all other ingredients, such as vanilla extract and any toppings, are gluten-free. This simple adjustment allows those with gluten sensitivities to savor the deliciousness of cinnamon roll overnight oats.
While rolled oats work best for this recipe due to their softer texture after soaking, you can use steel-cut oats if you prefer a chewier consistency. Keep in mind that steel-cut oats may require a longer soaking time, so you might want to experiment and adjust accordingly.
Store individual servings of overnight oats in an airtight container such as a mason jar, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
🍽 Serving ideas
These cinnamon roll overnight oats are great as is on their own, finished with your favorite toppings. But if you want to make your mornings even more interesting, here are some fun ways to serve them:
- Make it a breakfast parfait! Alternate layers of oats with Greek yogurt, granola, and fresh berries to make a delightful parfait.
- Warm it up. Although overnight oats are typically enjoyed cold, you can heat them up if you prefer a warm breakfast. Simply microwave them for a short time until they reach your desired temperature. Add a splash of milk if needed, and enjoy the comforting warmth.
- Smoothie bowl topping. Use your overnight oats as a topping for a smoothie bowl. The creamy oats pair wonderfully with the refreshing and fruity flavors of a smoothie. Add a handful of granola or sliced almonds for extra crunch.
- Yogurt mix-In. Mix your overnight oats with your favorite yogurt for a delightful refreshing breakfast. This combination adds a rich and creamy texture to your oats, and you can customize the flavor with a variety of yogurt options, such as vanilla, Greek, or flavored yogurts.
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this recipe? Here are the kitchen tools and equipment you'll need:
More easy breakfast recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture between two mason jars. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- You can substitute your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk.
- Substitute ground flaxseed for chia seeds.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.