Need to whip up a sweet treat for your next Halloween party? This fun Halloween Snack Mix is an easy recipe the whole family will love!
Is Halloween your favorite holiday? The fall season is such a fun and festive time of year, and there are so many great ideas to make sure you have a very happy Halloween!
We love making Halloween snacks and Halloween desserts in our house. No matter how old the kids get, they still have their favorite Halloween candy and favorite treats.
We've been making this Monster Halloween Bark since the kids were little. And Halloween cookies like these Halloween Pinwheel Cookies, Nutter Butter Ghosts. Plus, these Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are always a crowd pleaser.
But if you're super short on time and you need the perfect snack in a jiffy, make this easy Halloween snack mix!
🌟 Why this recipe works
This Halloween season, get ready to embark on a taste adventure. This sweet and salty snack mix is the perfect holiday treat that will leave your taste buds tingling and your spooky spirit soaring!
This sweet and salty Halloween snack mix is a perfect combination of flavors and textures that will enchant kids and adults alike. Imagine sinking your fangs into this crunchy, Halloween chex mix recipe, the perfect balance of sugary sweetness and salty satisfaction. Ghostly white chocolate pretzels, with their playful salty crunch and a coating of spectral sweet flavors.
So, grab a cauldron-sized bowl of this wickedly delicious Halloween party mix, and let the flavors of Halloween cast their spell on you!
🛒 Ingredient notes
One of the best things about this cute and spooky Halloween snack mix is how easy it is to customize and make your own. You can make this perfect snack with very simple ingredients that you can find in any grocery store.
Here's what I like to use:
- Cereal - Use a cup or two of Chex cereal, Life cereal, or even Cheerios or a coated cereal mixture.
- Crackers - Orange crackers like Goldfish and Cheez-Its work well to fit the Halloween theme.
- M & Ms - If they are available, use the Halloween mix of M & Ms, or just pick out the orange, brown, purple, and green M & Ms.
- Nuts - Add some saltiness and protein-packed crunch with nuts like peanuts, cashews, almonds, or macadamia nuts.
- Salty Pretzels - You could add pretzel sticks or mini pretzels, but I really love adding either white chocolate covered pretzels or yogurt covered pretzels to add some contrasting white to the festive snack mix.
- Candy Eyeballs - I love adding candy eyes to Halloween treats. They add so much character and spooky fun to any snack.
- Sprinkles - Because everything's better with sprinkles! Sprinkles are a great way to add color and fun to every bite.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
A full list of ingredients with measurements and detailed instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. But really: this Halloween party snack mix is a one-step recipe.
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together.
That's it! Then simply serve and enjoy a Happy Halloween!
This recipe makes a big batch of this festive snack mix. Perfect for any Halloween parties!
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
You can lower the refined sugar amount by assembling more of a Halloween trail mix. Think more nuts, some granola instead of cereal, raisins and dried fruit instead of candy.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
🍽 Serving ideas
While a general Halloween theme is super fun on its own, think about customizing your Halloween snack mix to fit a specific theme. Some ideas to get you started:
- Pumpkin Patch - Incorporate pumpkin-shaped marshmallow treats, orange-colored M&M's, candy pumpkins, caramel corn, candy corn, and cinnamon-dusted pumpkin seeds to capture the essence of a festive pumpkin patch in your mix.
- Frankenstein - Make Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats without decorating them and cut them into small squares. Add to a bowl with candy eyes, Frankenstein candy, and
- Witches Brew - Add candy eyeballs, gummy worms, and fizzy cola gummies to create a bubbling cauldron of eerie delights in your Witches' Brew Halloween mix.
- Monster Mash - Include candy corn fangs, mini chocolate monster figurines, and sour gummy tongues to bring your Monster Mash snack mix to life with a monstrous twist.
- Vampire's Delight Theme: Feature red licorice "vampire bites," dark chocolate bat-shaped candies, and cranberry-flavored popcorn for a bloodthirsty Vampire's Delight snack mix.
- Mummy Madness Theme: Toss in white chocolate-covered pretzels resembling mummy bandages, mini Reese's Pieces for mummy eyes, and caramel popcorn for a delightfully mummified mix.
- Ghosts and Graveyards Theme: Mix in Nutter Butter Ghost cookies, ghost-shaped marshmallow Peeps, chocolate tombstones, and Oreo cookie "dirt" crumbs for a spooky Ghosts and Graveyards-themed snack mix.
Fun Halloween printables
Throwing a Halloween party? Check out our Ultimate Bundle of Halloween printables!
The Halloween printables bundle includes:
- Halloween party invitation design
- Halloween bingo cards + call-out cards
- Lunchbox laughs with Halloween-themed jokes
- Halloween word search
- Halloween favor bag fold-over tags
- Trick-or-treating scavenger hunt
- Halloween candy wrappers
More Halloween recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Halloween Snack Mix
- 2 cups Life or Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup Goldfish crackers or Cheez-Its
- 1 cup white chocolate covered pretzels or yogurt covered pretzels
- ½ cup M & Ms
- ½ cup peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons Halloween sprinkles
- 1 Tablespoon candy eyeballs
- In a large serving bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.