If you're looking for a quick and easy yet flavorful meal, try this Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon recipe! Perfect for busy weeknights.
I absolutely LOVE cooking salmon in the air fryer.
It's so easy, fast, and the salmon turns out so flavorful.
And when I'm craving air fryer salmon with an Asian-flavored twist, I love to make this Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- It's a healthy meal packed with protein and is low carb.
- Each serving only has about 250 calories.
- It uses simple ingredients that are easy to find at your local grocery store.
- The recipe takes just about 30 minutes to make!
- Clean up is super quick with the air fryer.
🔪 Ingredients you'll need
Fresh salmon - You'll need four salmon filets that are between 4 and 6 ounces each. You can also make this with three salmon filets if that's all you have. But if you make this with more than four salmon filets, be sure to increase the amount of the seasonings to cover all of the filets. You will also likely need to cook your salmon in batches.
Make sure you slice the salmon into similar-sized filets. This helps them cook evenly in the air fryer.
Apple cider vinegar - This adds a pleasant tang to the homemade sauce and enhances the teriyaki flavor.
Ginger - You'll want to grate fresh ginger finely using a grater or zester.
Garlic - To keep the garlic from burning, the garlic should be in small pieces, either very finely minced or grated.
Light brown sugar - I use a small amount of light brown sugar to add a bit of caramel flavor to the salmon. I would not add more than what the recipe calls for.
Optional: chives and sesame seeds - To really add to the visual appeal and to enhance the teriyaki flavors, try adding sliced chives or green onion and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
✅ Step-by-step directions
1. In a shallow dish, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, light brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. This will create the flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce.
2. Place the salmon fillets down, skin side up, and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. Just before the 20 minutes are up, preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
4. Line the air fryer basket or trays with parchment paper.
5. Take the marinated salmon out of the refrigerator and place onto the lined air fryer trays or basket, skin side down. Depending on the size of your salmon fillets, you may need to cook them in batches of two fillets at a time. Or, you can use a rack to cook two on top of the two on the bottom of the basket.
6. Air fry at 400°F for 7 to 9 minutes. The internal temperature should be between 125-140 degrees F (see temperature guidelines for doneness levels). Serve immediately.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
You do not need to flip the salmon in this recipe. The hot air circulates in the air fryer, cooking all sides of the salmon.
Yes. Instead of parchment paper, you can put aluminum foil down in the air fryer basket or tray. Spray the top of the foil with avocado oil spray to keep the salmon from sticking.
Use a meat thermometer placed in the thickest part of the salmon fillet to check for doneness.
The USDA recommends cooking salmon to 145°F for well done salmon. However, if you are using high quality salmon from a trusted source, most food experts agree that you can cook it to medium rare or medium.
Salmon is cooked when the temperature reaches:
Medium: 130° to 135°F
Well Done: 140°F
Allow the cooked salmon to rest for a few minutes before serving. The salmon will continue to cook slightly during this time, usually bringing the final temperature to about 5°F more than the initial thermometer reading.
This air fryer salmon is best eaten right after it is cooked. However, you can allow the salmon to cool then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
🥣 Kitchen tools and equipment
For this recipe, you just need a few basic kitchen tools:
Parchment paper - You'll need to cut out a sheet of parchment paper to fit your air fryer basket or trays. This helps keep the flavor in the salmon and keeps the salmon from sticking to your air fryer.
🍽 What to serve with teriyaki salmon
I love eating teriyaki salmon over a bed of white rice.
This air fryer teriyaki salmon recipe also makes a delicious dinner when served with any of the following side dishes:
Best wine pairings
Many of the wines that traditionally pair well with salmon will also pair well with this teriyaki salmon dish. You just need to be careful because the teriyaki does add a whole new level of umami to the palate.
I love to pair this teriyaki dish with an Albariño. This white wine has high acidity, a hint of salinity, and citrus notes that pair well with both teriyaki flavors and salmon.
More salmon recipes
Looking for more recipes featuring salmon? Check out the posts below.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, light brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Place the salmon fillets down, skin side up, and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Just before the 20 minutes are up, preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Line the air fryer basket or trays with parchment paper. Take the salmon out of the refrigerator and place onto the lined air fryer trays or basket, skin side down. Air fry at 400°F for 7 to 9 minutes (see temperature guidelines for doneness levels). Serve immediately.
- Medium-Rare: 125°F
- Medium: 130°F
- Well Done: 140°F
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.