If you've got a pizza craving, these easy Air Fryer Mini Pizzas are a fast and oh so delicious way to satisfy that hunger! This easy recipe is a great idea for lunch, dinner, or a snack.
With two kids, we're no strangers to pizza in our house. Friday night has been Pizza Night in our house since the kids were little. We use our easy homemade pizza dough, and each person makes their own personal pizza.
We also make a lot of Air Fryer French Bread Pizza and these cute lil' Pizza Cups. But sometimes you just want pizza right now, and you don't want to wait for homemade pizza crust to rise, and you don't necessarily want to make a large whole pizza.
For those times, it's this air fryer mini pizza recipe to the rescue!
🌟 Why this recipe works
This is such a great recipe that the whole family will love, for so many reasons.
- Simple - You only need four main ingredients and one optional ingredient to make this easy recipe.
- Easy - This is a super easy recipe that any beginning home cook or teen can make.
- Fast - Thanks to the air fryer, the cook time is much shorter. That means less time waiting and more time eating!
- Anytime food - These personal pizzas are great for an after school snack, a quick lunch, or easy meal for weeknight dinner.
- Perfect size - These small pizzas are the right size for one or two people. Yet it's easy to double or triple the recipe if you want to make more.
- Customizable - Everyone can have individual pizzas their way by adding their favorite toppings.
🛒 Ingredient notes
This easy air fryer pizza recipe is made with just five simple ingredients that are easy to find at any local grocery store.
- Tortillas - For the base of your mini pizzas, you can use flour tortillas, mini bagels, english muffins, mini naan breads, or other small flatbreads. In these photos, I'm using Street Taco Tortillas, which are mini flour tortillas.
- Pizza sauce - Use your favorite store-bought or homemade pizza sauce.
- Cheese - Shredded mozzarella cheese is a classic choice for mini pizzas. You could also use shredded Italian blend cheeses.
- Toppings - I kept this simple and added pepperoni. But you can add any of your favorite pizza toppings to your mini air fryer pizza! See the Serving Ideas section for more variations you can try.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
A full list of ingredients and the full recipe with detailed instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. But here's a visual guide with step-by-step photos to show you how easy it is to make this for your next pizza night!
- Top your choice of mini flatbread (tortilla, naan bread, etc) with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese.
- Add your toppings.
- Either spray your air fryer with cooking spray or place a sheet of aluminum foil on the bottom. Place the pizzas on top in a single layer; you may need to work in batches. Air fry at 400°F for 5-7 minutes. Check on it about halfway through cooking and readjust any toppings that may have shifted around during the cooking time.
👩🏻🍳 Air frying tips and recipe FAQs
Air frying tips:
- Weigh down light toppings. If you have toppings like mini pepperoni or regular pepperoni slices, they may fly around during the cook time. To prevent them from getting stuck in the top of the air fryer and burning, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top. As the cheese will melts, it will weigh the slices down. That way, they won't fly around when the hot air circulates during air frying.
- Don't crowd the air fryer basket. Depending on the size and shape of your air fryer, as well as the size and shape of the crust/bread you choose, you may be able to fit two mini pizzas into your basket or air fryer tray, or you may only be able to fit just one. Try not to overlap the mini pizzas or they can stick together.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tops of the mini pizzas just before serving for added flavor.
While you can, it is best NOT to store leftover pizza in the cardboard delivery box. This is because the cardboard and the large amount of free flowing air allowed to circulate around the pizza will dry out the pizza. So your leftovers will be hard and
Pizza, like most foods, should not be left out at room temperature for more than two hours. After two hours,
Allow the pizza to cool down, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Alternatively, you could also wrap leftovers in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days, but an airtight container is best.
🍽 Serving ideas
Great ideas for your air fryer mini pizzas:
- Classic pizza - go for a classic cheese pizza loaded with fresh mozzarella, or a pepperoni pizza.
- Meat lovers pizza - Top your mini pizzas with pepperoni, salami, bacon, and cooked sausage.
- Vegetarian pizza - Add your fave veggies, like julienned carrots, sliced mushrooms, bell pepper, roasted garlic, and chopped broccoli.
- Shrimp scampi pizza - Use a garlic sauce or alfredo sauce, and top with chopped shrimp, roasted garlic, shredded Asiago cheese, a healthy sprinkle of fresh basil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice just before serving.
🍷 🥂 Wine pairings
Wine and pizza go hand in hand, and depending on the type of sauce and toppings you choose, you can either pair with a white wine, red wine, or sparkling wine.
For a classic pepperoni pizza, I suggest pairing it with a Pinot Noir or a Gamay.
🍷🍕 For more wine pairings, be sure to check out our comprehensive Pizza and Wine Pairing Guide.
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this recipe? Here are the kitchen tools and equipment you'll need:
Air Fryer Mini Pizzas
- Spray air fryer baskets with cooking spray, or line each basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spread pizza sauce on each tortilla round.
- Top each with shredded cheese, then with 6-7 pepperoni slices each, and finally sprinkle some chopped parsley over each mini pizza.
- Carefully place the pizzas onto the prepared air fryer basket (s). You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 400°F for 5 to 7 minutes, checking on the pizzas halfway through the cook time and rearranging any pepperoni slices as needed.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.