Summer is in full swing, and that means berry season! And there's no better way to celebrate than with this delicious, refreshing Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie recipe!
If you're looking for a fast and healthy treat, smoothies are often a tasty answer.
This Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie celebrates the best of sweet summer fruits in a healthy, refreshing summertime drink!
This recipe makes two servings, but you can easily double the ingredients to make four smoothies.
PS: if it's a summer cocktail you're craving, try our Watermelon Mimosa recipe!
🌟 Why you'll love this strawberry watermelon smoothie
- There are only FOUR easy-to-find common ingredients.
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries and watermelon.
- You can make two smoothies in less than 15 minutes.
- It's full of delicious and nutritious fresh ingredients, making this a healthier snack option.
- Enjoy these smoothies for breakfast, with lunch or dinner, or as a mid-day snack.
- They're refreshing, light, and full of big fruit flavors.
- It's easy to make these smoothies dairy-free and vegan.
🍓🍉 Ingredient notes
Fruit - You can make these yummy smoothies with fresh or frozen strawberries and diced watermelon.
Yogurt - Yogurt helps make smoothies creamy. I've made this smoothie with both regular Greek yogurt and with my favorite dairy-free yogurt. Both ways are delicious!
✅ Step-by-step instructions
- Add the watermelon chunks to a high powered blender.
- Add the strawberries to the blender.
3. Pour the lemon juice and spoon the yogurt over the fruit.
4. Blend on medium to high until smooth.
With smoothies, the possibilities are endless! This strawberry watermelon smoothie also tastes delicious with added mango or raspberry.
No need to thaw frozen fruit completely, as the icy quality adds to the smoothie. But you can take the frozen fruit out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before blending. This helps the fruit blend more smoothly.
You can eliminate the yogurt and add ice to make this a strawberry watermelon slushie instead of a smoothie. It's just as delicious!
More Smoothie Recipes
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Try one of these refreshing smoothie recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
- 2.5 cups watermelon cut into small 1" cubes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely blended. Pour into glasses. Sip through cute straws.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
This post was first published on July 5, 2013. It was updated with all new photos, updated recipe card, and more helpful information to help you make the most delicious strawberry watermelon smoothies!