This Mint Pesto is easy to make in under 15 minutes with just 5 ingredients. It's delicious to use as a sauce, a dressing, a dip, or condiment -- so many possibilities!
Each summer, we have way more mint in our garden than we can use for ourselves. Mint tends to be invasive, which is why it's recommended that you grow them in pots instead of the ground. But we love having so much mint to share with friends and family.
And, this mint pesto is another delicious way to use up spring & summer mint!
🌟 Why you'll love this recipe
If you're looking for an alternative to the classic basil pesto, try this recipe and let us know what you think in the comments below!
We love this mint pesto - and hope you will too - because:
- It only required a few ingredients.
- This is a super FAST recipe that you can make in 15 minutes or less.
- It's super EASY to make.
- The recipe can be doubled or tripled to make more.
- You can freeze mint pesto and enjoy it for months to come!
🛒 Ingredient notes
Mint - fresh mint leaves are the star of this pesto! Mint grows in abundance in the spring and summer, but you can usually find mint leaves year round in the produce section of your grocery store.
Basil - While mint is the star, I love the addition of basil to add another layer of flavor to the pesto. You can absolutely make this 100% with just mint leaves if you prefer.
Pine nuts - These add that yummy nutty flavor you find in classic pesto. You can certainly leave out the pine nuts completely if you want.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
- Add the pine nuts to a food processor. Pulse until the pine nuts resemble a thick paste.
2. Add the mint leaves, basil leaves, garlic, parmesan, and salt to the food processor. Pulse until most of the ingredients have broken down a bit and combined.
3. With the food processor on, slowly add the olive oil through the top opening chute of the food processor.
4. Process until the pesto reaches your preferred consistency.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Spearmint has a bright, fresh flavor that translates well into pesto. But you can use almost any type of mint you can find.
Store mint pesto in mason jars or other airtight containers and refrigerate for up to one week.
Yes! Store in airtight, freezer-friendly jars in the freezer for up to six months.
🍽 Serving ideas
You can use mint pesto in so many ways!
- Top steak with it -- use it instead of chimichurri in this Cast Iron Rib Eye Steak recipe.
- Use it as a pasta sauce. Try it with this Creamy Pasta with Crispy Mushrooms recipe or mix it in with our popular Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo.
- Spread the pesto onto your sandwiches.
- We love it as a pizza sauce, like in this Shrimp Pesto Pizza!
- Enjoy it with your breakfast or brunch! Mix it into a breakfast scramble, or top your Air Fryer Hash Browns with it.
- It's delicious with seafood. Top Pan-Seared Salmon with the mint pesto or add a dollop to these Shrimp Cucumber Canapés at your next party.
More related recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
- In a food processor, pulse and blend the pine nuts just until a paste forms.
- Add the garlic, mint, basil, parmesan cheese, and salt. Process and slowly pour in the olive oil through the top opening chute of the food processor while the ingredients are processed. Continue until well blended.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.