Looking for an always delicious, 30-minute meal? This Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta recipe is so fast, easy, and you just need six ingredients to make it!
Seafood pasta is my love language. Whether you use regular pasta or gluten-free pasta, whether you use shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams, or fish, I will always say yes to seafood pasta.
You too? Then you will LOVE this super easy and delicious shrimp pasta recipe!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
When I'm craving a hearty dinner that I can make in less than 30 minutes, this easy shrimp pasta dish always does the trick.
The lemon garlic sauce with buttery noodles is comfort food at its best. And I love the freshness a bit of basil adds to the flavor.
I have made this SO many times over the past couple of decades. For lunch and for dinner. And it always makes me happy! Such a happy dish. I usually eat a couple of bowls full in one sitting (can't stop at just one!).
This dish is fantastic the next day. I just add a bit of olive oil or butter to wake up the sauce when I'm re-heating it.
Can I Make This Gluten-Free?
Yes, absolutely! I have made this with both regular pasta and my favorite gluten-free pasta. While some recipes just don't work with a simple gluten-free pasta substitution, this is a recipe that works beautifully with both.
What is Shrimp Scampi made of?
You may wonder why I'm not calling this a shrimp scampi dish. I LOVE shrimp scampi. But while this dish looks like shrimp scampi, there are subtle differences.
Traditional shrimp scampi calls for olive oil, lemon, white wine, garlic and onions. I forego with white wine and onions in this recipe. Therefore, it's a recipe like shrimp scampi, but is really a lemon garlic shrimp pasta dish.
Which Wine Pairs Well With Shrimp Pasta?
I usually enjoy this lemon garlic shrimp pasta with a bright Albariño, a crisp stainless steel chardonnay, or a Grenache Blanc.
Some fave wine pairings for this dish:
Watch the Recipe Video
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta recipe
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserving about ½ cup pasta water.
- While the pasta cooks, add olive oil and melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté about 1 minute, until softened and fragrant.
- Add shrimp and sauté for 3-4 minutes, just until the color turns pink.
- Add lemon juice. Then add spaghetti and basil to the pan and toss to coat.
- Add reserve pasta water one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency of sauce you prefer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more chopped basil or shopped parsley.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
More 30-Minute Meals
- Seared Scallops with Creamy (dairy-free) Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Cast Iron Rib Eye Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Easy Shrimp Lo Mein
This post contains affiliate links.