This Avocado Pesto is easy to make in just about 10 minutes! It's a delicious dip, sauce, dressing, and topping for toast, in sandwiches, your favorite pasta, and so much more!
If you love avocados, have you made avocado pesto yet? It's so easy and SO GOOD! Such a nice creamy alternative to standard basil pesto.
🌟 Why you'll love this recipe
If you're looking for something a little different, try this Creamy Avocado Pesto.
- This pesto has a nice smooth, rich, creamy texture compared to other pestos.
- It's a great way to use up avocados before they turn (which we all know, happens too quickly!).
- You can make this in less than 10 minutes.
- The recipe calls for less than 10 ingredients.
🥑 Ingredient notes
Avocados - choose avocados that are ripe and soft. If you want an even creamier texture, add an extra avocado.
Greens - I use both spinach and basil to add extra nutritional value to this pesto. You can use just one or the other if you prefer.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Making this pesto is SO easy!
- Add the ingredients to a food processor or a blender.
- Pulse until all of the ingredients are well combined, and the pesto reaches your preferred level of creaminess.
Store fresh pesto in a mason jar or other airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yes! You can freeze pesto for up to six months. My favorite method of freezing pesto is to divide the pesto into the openings of an ice cube tray, freeze. Then pop out the frozen pesto cubes and place them in a freezer bag or freezer container. This way, you can take out and thaw just the portion you need for cooking when you are ready to use the pesto.
🍽 Serving ideas
- Spread onto lightly toasted bread.
- Use as a condiment in sandwiches.
- Make these delicious and fresh open-faced Pesto Caprese Tartines.
- Use as a sauce with your favorite pasta.
- Use as a salad dressing with your favorite salad.
- Spread onto crackers and top with crumbled bacon, chopped almonds, chopped hard boiled eggs, or chopped tomatoes for a tasty party appetizer dish.
- Use as a dip for veggies.
More pesto recipes
More recipes that use avocados
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Creamy Avocado Pesto
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 medium-sized cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (or blender) and pulse in 10-second increments until well blended. Makes about 1 cup of avocado pesto. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.