Looking for an easy Valentine's Day treat? This Valentine's Day Popcorn is made with simple ingredients and comes together quickly. Serve them at parties or give as gifts!
When it comes to Valentine's Day snacks, I'm all about simple and adorable.
And this Valentine's Day Popcorn Mix is both!
As far as ease goes, it's right up there with these Valentine's Day OREO pops and these Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Cookies. And, it's great to add to a Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board!
❤️ Why you'll love this popcorn mix
This colorful and delicious popcorn mix is a fun and festive treat any day, but especially for holidays like Valentine's Day!
- You just need four ingredients to make this snack.
- All of the ingredients are humble pantry ingredients that are also easy to find in any grocery store.
- This is a budget-friendly dessert and snack. Depending on the exact ingredients you use, you can make a huge bowl (10 to 12 servings) for $5-10!
- You can customize the toppings to match almost any celebration or holiday. Check out this Christmas Popcorn mix!
- This snack is a delicious combo of both salty and sweet.
- Enjoy this popcorn mix today, or give as Valentine's Day food gifts!
🍿 Ingredient notes
Kettle Corn - This mix works with any popcorn, but I especially love it with kettle corn. There's something about the combo of salty and sweet in every crunchy bite!
White chocolate - Use a white chocolate that melts well, such as white chocolate melting wafers or white chocolate bars.
Coconut oil (not shown)- A little bit of coconut oil helps the white chocolate melt smoothly. It also helps the white chocolate harden and set.
Sprinkles - This is where you can have fun customizing this popcorn mix! I love these Valentine's Day sprinkles. But you can also switch it up with Saint Patrick's Day sprinkles, Christmas sprinkles, birthday sprinkles, and more!
✅ Step-by-step instructions
First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
Next, place the popcorn in a very large bowl. You'll need some room at the top, above the popcorn, to mix the ingredients together. So be sure to use a large bowl with extra room. Or, do this in batches.
Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until the two are melted. Whisk together.
Pour the melted white chocolate & coconut oil mixture over the popcorn. Use wooden spoons or your hands to toss together, evenly coating the popcorn.
TIP: if you want more control and evenly coated popcorn, wear gloves and toss together with your hands.
Sprinkle your decorations over the popcorn, then toss together to make sure the sprinkles get on as much of the coated popcorn as possible.
Spread the mixture out over the prepared lined baking sheet. Let set for a few minutes. Then serve or place in plastic bags to store.
👩🏻🍳 Snack recipe FAQs
You can use almost any bag of popped popcorn. I prefer to use kettle corn because I love the added sweet & salty layers.
This is a snack that is best eaten the day it is made. However, after the chocolate has completely set, you can store the popcorn mix in large resealable plastic bags for 2 to 3 days.
🍽 What to serve with popcorn mix
I love to serve this Valentine's Day Popcorn Mix in a big bowl either next to or part of a dessert charcuterie board. Place other desserts (store-bought or homemade) all in a corresponding color theme to create a beautiful Valentine's Day dessert board.
This is also a great snack to give as food gifts or party favors! Simply place some popcorn mix into clear bags or resealable plastic bags and tie with a cute bow.
Be sure to give these yummy Valentine's Day gifts within a day of making them, as they're best eaten within a day or two.
🥂 Best wine pairings
Popcorn and sparkling wine are a delicious pairing. I love this particular Valentine's Day popcorn mix with a sparkling brut rosé.
Try the Jacques Bardelot Rosé Brut Champagne or this Mumm Napa Brut Rosé.
🔪 Kitchen tools and equipment
For this recipe, you just need a few basic kitchen tools:
Mixing bowls - You'll need an extra large bowl to mix all of the ingredients together. Plus, you'll need a smaller microwave-safe bowl to melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together.
Spatula- Use a spatula or a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
Baking sheet - You'll need a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use this to spread out the decorated popcorn mix and let it set.
💖 More Valentine's Day recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Valentine's Day Popcorn Mix
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- 1 (5-ounce) bag kettle corn or other popped popcorn
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking bar broken into smaller pieces, or white chocolate melts
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate with coconut oil in 30-second increments until it's fully melted, whisking in between microwaving. After removing it from the microwave, whisk to combine.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the white chocolate over the popcorn. Stir using your hands or wooden spoons.
- Top with your choice of sprinkles and use your hands or the wooden spoons again to toss together until the popcorn is well coated.
- Spread the popcorn mix out onto the prepared baking sheet. Let set at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
Leave a Reply