Deck the halls this holiday season with easy homemade snacks! This Christmas Popcorn recipe is super simple, fun to make with the kids, and is a yummy sweet holiday snack or holiday food gift!
Holiday baking season is such a joyous time of year! But with all of the baking of Snowflake Cookies, Reindeer Cupcakes, and Gingerbread Cake Rolls, it's also nice to have some super easy snacks to keep the troops satisfied.
That's where Christmas Popcorn comes in. Much like Valentine's Day Popcorn, this fun and festive snack is super easy to make. It's a great snack to enjoy while watching holiday movies, decorating the Christmas tree, or wrapping presents.
❤️ Why you'll love this Christmas snack
This is a colorful and delicious popcorn mix that's fun and festive for the holidays!
- You only need four ingredients to make this holiday snack.
- If you have kids at home, this is a great snack for them to help make!
- This snack is a delicious combo of both salty and sweet.
- It's super budget-friendly. Depending on the exact ingredients you use, you can make a huge bowl (10 to 12 servings) for around $5!
- While it's great for Christmas, you can customize the toppings to match almost any celebration or holiday.
- Enjoy this popcorn mix or package up to give as holiday gifts!
🍿 Ingredient notes
Kettle Corn - You can use any popcorn to make this mix, but it's especially delicious with kettle corn. There's something about the combo of salty and sweet in every crunchy bite!
Coconut oil (not shown)- A little bit of coconut oil helps the white chocolate melt smoothly. It also helps the white chocolate harden and set.
Sprinkles - This is where you can have fun customizing this popcorn mix! I love these Christmas sprinkles. But you can also switch it up with Valentine's Day sprinkles, Saint Patrick's Day sprinkles, birthday sprinkles, and more!
✅ Step-by-step instructions
First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
Next, place the popcorn in a very large bowl. You'll need some room at the top, above the popcorn, to mix the ingredients together. So be sure to use a large bowl with extra room. Or, do this in batches.
Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until the two are melted. Whisk together.
Pour the melted white chocolate & coconut oil mixture over the popcorn.
TIP: if you want more control and evenly coated popcorn, wear gloves and toss together with your hands.
Sprinkle decorations over the popcorn. Then toss together to make sure the sprinkles get on as much of the coated popcorn as possible.
Spread the mixture out over the prepared lined baking sheet. Let set for a few minutes. Then serve or place in plastic bags to store.
👩🏻🍳 Snack recipe FAQs
You can use almost any bag of popped popcorn. I really love the sweet and salty layers you get with kettle corn for this recipe.
This holiday snack is best eaten the day it is made. However, after the chocolate has completely set, you can store the popcorn mix in large resealable plastic bags for 2 to 3 days.
🍽 What to serve with popcorn mix
This is also a great snack to give as holiday gifts or party favors! Simply place some popcorn mix into colorful popcorn holders, clear bags, or resealable plastic bags and tie with a cute bow.
Since these are best eaten within a day or two, be sure to give these yummy Christmas gifts within a day of making them.
🔪 Kitchen tools and equipment
For this recipe, you just need a few basic kitchen tools:
Mixing bowls - You'll need an extra large bowl to mix all of the ingredients together. Plus, you'll need a smaller microwave-safe bowl to melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together.
Spatula- Use a spatula or a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
Baking sheet - You'll need a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use this to spread out the decorated popcorn mix and let it set.
🎄 More Christmas recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Christmas Popcorn Mix
- 1 (5-ounce) bag kettle corn or other popped popcorn
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking bar broken into smaller pieces, or white chocolate melts
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate with coconut oil in 30-second increments until it's fully melted, whisking in between microwaving. After removing it from the microwave, whisk to combine.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the white chocolate over the popcorn. Stir using your hands or wooden spoons.
- Top with your choice of sprinkles and use your hands or the wooden spoons again to toss together until the popcorn is well coated.
- Spread the popcorn mix out onto the prepared baking sheet. Let set at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.