These citrus-infused, tequila-based boozy Margarita Popsicles are a yummy adult treat on hot summer days!
Cocktails are awesome. But if you're looking for a fun, creative way to serve drinks this summer, consider making cocktails in popsicle form!
These margarita popsicles are SO refreshing. I love the citrus lime and the tropical flavors of mango and passionfruit. So very summery, right?
🌟 What makes these popsicles a great summery treat
Summer is the perfect time for backyard barbecues and get togethers with family and friends. And when the weather heats up, these refreshing cocktails are a great, easy way to break the ice.
- Prepare beforehand: Make them the night before you have people over and allow them to freeze overnight.
- Pretty presentation: Once you are ready to serve them, make a splash by carefully removing them from the popsicle molds and setting them onto a tray filled with ice.
- Easy clean up: The only dishes you need to clean are the popsicle sticks!
🛒 Ingredient notes
Honey - For a bit of sweetness. You can also use agave instead of honey.
Lime slices and juice - Fresh lime juice adds the best flavor, but you can also use shelf-stable storebought lime juice instead.
Tequila reposado (not pictured) - Reposado is "rested" tequila. Meaning, it's been aged. I like reposados for recipes like this because aging mellows the tequila and adds beautiful, elegant flavors like oak and vanilla.
Tropical juice (not pictured) - I use a tropical mango passionfruit juice, but you could use mango juice, guava juice, pineapple juice, or a classic POG juice (Passionfruit Orange Guava)!
Jalapeño slices - I add slices of jalapeño to the popsicles for a bit of a kick.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Making these adult boozy popsicles could not be easier.
1. Simply combine all of the ingredients.
2. Then pour into popsicle molds, freeze for a few hours, and enjoy once they are fully frozen!
❓ Recipe FAQs
These tequila popsicles usually freeze in about 5 hours. However, if you can leave them in the freezer overnight, all the better.
There are two methods that have worked best for me:
1. Allow them to thaw slightly at room temperature until popsicles more easily slide out of the mold.
2. Or, gently run the molds under warm water for about 20 seconds each to make it easier to remove from the popsicles.
🧊 Kitchen tools and equipment
Popsicle molds - For this recipe, I used these yellow popsicle molds which come in a set of eight and have a decorative ridged pattern.
More summer treats
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below and a review in the comments further down. Thanks!
Tropical Margarita Popsicles
- Mix all ingredients together, then pour into six popsicle molds.Optional: to add a bit of spicy heat to the popsicles, place 2-3 jalapeno slices, seeds removed, into each mold before freezing.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- When completely frozen, carefully remove from the mold. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.