This sweet and tangy Thai Peanut Sauce is quick and easy to make, and can be used for so many dishes!
It's so easy to reach for a bottle of pre-made sauces, dips, and dressings at the grocery store, isn't it?
But this is the post in which I try to convince you to rely less on grocery-store bottles and jars, and to try to make more of your own good stuff, when you can. If you have ever made your own from scratch, you know that there IS a difference, and it is usually well worth the extra little effort it takes. Luckily, sauces, dips, and dressings usually don't require many ingredients or time to make!
There are three main reasons homemade is better than store-bought:
- You know exactly what ingredients are going into them.
- You can control the amount of sugar and salt, two ingredients that tend to be at the top of store-bought items. Condiments, dressings, sauces all tend to have crazy high sugar content in store-bought varieties.
- Homemade usually tastes a LOT better. Because there aren't fillers or weird preservatives, homemade sauces, dips, dressings, and condiments have a cleaner taste. You can actually TASTE the ingredients themselves as they should be enjoyed.
That said, I get it. I know as a busy, usually exhausted, overworked and overcommitted mom of two that it can seem daunting to fit one more thing into your day. Even an extra 10 minutes may seem impossible.
But when you can, if you don't already, try to make your own sauces, dips, condiments, and dressings. They really do come together fairly quickly - a lot faster than you might expect. And trust me: the results are so worth it!
Thai Peanut Sauce
Thai Peanut Sauce is a recipe that I much prefer to make from scratch. It's honestly SUPER EASY and SO FAST to make. I promise!
You just need a few ingredients, and these are ingredients that I personally always have on hand anyway:
- creamy peanut butter
- brown sugar
- soy sauce
- lime juice
- optional: red pepper flakes
I mince a lot of garlic and ginger by hand in my house, but for this recipe, I prefer to let the blender do the work. The blender tends to make quick work of the garlic and ginger, and this way I don't have to dirty up a cutting board.
Pulse the garlic and ginger until minced. Then add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Add water by the tablespoonful until you reach your desired consistency.
You can use this Thai Peanut Sauce in SO many ways.
- As a dipping sauce for veggies
- In stir-fry
- As a sauce for noodles
- Thin it out even more and use it as a dressing for Asian-style salads
What other ways would YOU use this Thai peanut sauce?
I love to dip Rainbow Salad Rolls into this easy thai peanut sauce. Try it and let me know what you think!
Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
10-minute Thai Peanut Sauce
- In a blender, pulse garlic and ginger until minced.
- Add creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and ¼ cup water. Blend until all ingredients are well incorporated, and the mixture is smooth.
- If you'd like a thinner sauce, add water one tablespoon at a time until you achieve desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container (I love little mason jars for sauces) for up to five days.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM WITH #URBANBLISSLIFE AND TAG @URBANBLISSLIFE. I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU MAKE! AND IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE DO ME A HUGE FAVOR AND LEAVE A STAR RATING. THANK YOU, SWEET FRIENDS!