If you're lookin for a rich, indulgent dessert, try these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars! They're so easy to make and perfect for picnics, parties, holidays, and every day snacking.
I fell in love with peanut butter chocolate bars after first having them at a cafe called Paradise Bakery. When I was a kid, I'd always get one as a special treat after going shopping with my mom.
After Paradise Bakery closed, I still craved those peanut butter bars! So I started experimenting and making them at home. This recipe has been altered and tweaked over the years, and I think the final recipe you see here is the best result.
Now you can enjoy this delectable no bake dessert at home, too!
- Butter - use unsalted butter. Melt it in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave until fully melted. Then allow it to cool slightly before using it in this recipe.
- Old fashioned oats - You'll pulse the oats in a food processor until it resembles flour. Alternatively, you can also substitute oat flour.
- Peanut Butter - Make sure you use a creamy peanut butter for this no bake dessert recipe.
- Coconut oil - This helps bind the ingredients together without adding a strong flavor.
- Semi-sweet chocolate - Chop up some semi-sweet baking chocolate bars. Or, you could use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you may need to melt and stir a few times to get them melted to a smooth consistency.
Recipe tips and FAQs
Some tips for this no bake dessert:
- It's important to line a pan with parchment paper if you can, instead of just greasing the pan with butter. Parchment paper not only keeps the bars from sticking to the sides and bottom of the pan, but it also makes it easy to lift the dessert out so you can slice into bars.
- Use a sharp knife or a pastry bench to slice the dessert into bars. If you find the chocolate is just a little too hard, making it difficult to make clean slices, simply let the bars sit on the counter at room temperature for a minute or two. Then slice through the dessert.
You can substitute milk chocolate or dark chocolate for semi-sweet chocolate. Or try a combination of two different chocolates for a richer chocolate flavor.
Store these delicious bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yes! Store the sliced bars in a freezer bag or a freezer-safe container in a single layer and freeze for up to two months.
More no-bake dessert recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 9 x 9" Baking Pan
Peanut butter layer
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups graham crackers about 12 full rectangular graham cracker sheets
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chopped or use milk chocolate if you want a sweeter dessert
- Line a 9x9” square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the first four ingredients and pulse until smooth. Spread into the prepared baking pan. Place in the refrigerator while you make the chocolate layer.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, place the chocolate and peanut butter and microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted you can heat in 10 second intervals until smooth, stirring each time. Remove the pan with the peanut butter layer from the refrigerator and spread the chocolate layer over the top of the peanut butter layer.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour. You can also place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Once set, slice into square or rectangle bars and serve.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.