Lucky Charms Cereal Bars are fun, colorful, and so easy to make! They are an excellent snack, party dessert, and festive spring and St. Patrick's Day treats!
You know what? Lucky Charms cereal IS magically delicious!
This classic cereal with fun marshmallow shapes and bright, colorful marshmallows brings a smile to everyone's face and brightens up any spring day. So why not turn your favorite cereal into fun cereal bars?
These Lucky Charms Bars are just as easy to make, and just as delicious!
🌟 Why this recipe works
When it comes to great recipes for easy treats, these cereal treats tick all the boxes.
- This is the perfect easy dessert to enlist the kids' help with since it's such an easy recipe. It's fun for the whole family!
- This is a no bake dessert.
- These bars are a great portable snack for after school activities.
- You can make this no bake treat with only 3 simple ingredients that you can find in any grocery store.
- These treats are bright and colorful -- perfect for St. Patrick's Day and spring!
🛒 Ingredient notes
You just need three ingredients -- that's it! -- to make these great tasting treat bars.
Lucky Charms - Grab a box of Lucky Charms cereal.
Marshmallows - The recipe calls for mini marshmallows.
Butter - Unsalted butter melted with the marshmallows helps bind the cereal together and makes it so delicious!
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Full ingredients and detailed instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. But here's a quick visual step-by-step to help you make these no-bake bars!
Start by either lightly greasing a pan with cooking spray or butter, or line it with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a Dutch oven or large saucepan or large pot.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly with a wooden spoon or heat-safe silicone spatula until they are melted together.
3. As soon as the marshmallows are melted with the butter, add the Lucky Charms cereal. Stir to coat the cereal.
4. Use your wooden spoon or silicone spatula to gently press the cereal mixture into the bottom and corners of the prepared pan or prepared baking dish. Press into an even layer. Optional: add extra Lucky Charms Marshmallow treats to the tops of the bars for added color and texture. Then allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, then cut into bars.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Store these treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Yes! You can slice then flash freeze the bars by placing them on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, wrap in plastic wrap and then store in freezer bags or a freezer-safe container. Bars can be frozen for up to three months.
🍽 Serving ideas
These adorable Lucky Charms Cereal Bars are perfect for St. Patrick's Day! They also make great lunch box snacks and snacks for after school snack time.
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this recipe? Here are the kitchen tools and equipment you'll need:
Baking pan - Either a 9" x 13" baking dish or a 9" x 9" square pan works beautifully for this dessert recipe. The square pan yields 12-15 thick, bakery-style cereal treats. A 9" x 13" baking dish gives you smaller treats.
More fun dessert and snack recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Lucky Charms Cereal Bars
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 4 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter, and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven or large heavy bottom pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- When about half of the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and stir constantly with a heatproof silicone spatula.
- As soon as the marshmallows have melted, pour in the cereal and immediately stir to combine until the cereal is completely coated in the butter marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Use the silicone spatula to pat the cereal down into an even layer in the dish. Allow the bars to set and then cut into squares or rectangles.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.