Creamy Confetti Corn Salad is an easy and delicious side dish, full of yummy veggies and topped with crispy salty bacon.
If you're looking for a hearty and satisfying side dish, try this Creamy Confetti Corn Salad. It's loaded with sweet corn, healthy bell peppers and zucchini, zingy garlic and onions, crispy bacon, and comforting cream cheese.
Perfect vegetable side dish for a barbecue, picnic, or to go with a quick weeknight dinner. We especially love eating this corn dish with Filipino Pork BBQ Skewers or BBQ Bacon Burgers!
🌟 Why this is the ultimate corn side dish
I adore this Creamy Confetti Corn recipe, and I hope you will, too!
- It's full of big flavors. You get the sweetness of the corn mixed with the savory bell peppers and zucchini, and the salty bacon.
- You get lovely textures in every bite. The crispy crunchy bacon balances the cream cheese and soft corn.
- It's super easy to make. Just a few steps to deliciousness!
- You can make this in about 20 minutes.
- This is a great make-ahead side dish. See the FAQs further down for storing and reheating instructions.
🌽 Recipe ingredients
The main ingredients you need are probably already in your fridge, freezer, or pantry. If not, they're all basic ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store.
TIP: Screenshot this list for when you go grocery shopping!
- frozen or fresh yellow corn
- red bell pepper
- cream cheese
- green onions
- salt, pepper, paprika
That's it! Super simple, right?
Another reason I love this recipe is because it can be enjoyed year round if you want to stay with seasonal ingredients. During the fall/winter, I use zucchini. During the summer, you could use cucumbers. You could also sub fresh corn for the frozen corn if it's in season. It's very versatile, and you can feel free to use what you have on hand!
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Making this creamy confetti corn is SO easy!
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet. Set aside on paper towels.
- Sauté the corn, red bell pepper, zucchini, onions, and garlic.
3. Add the cream cheese and stir well.
4. Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl, then top with chives/green onions and crispy bacon.
Confetti corn FAQs
This corn side dish recipe can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Place cooked confetti corn mixture into an oven-safe dish, sprinkle with the bacon and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator.
When ready to eat, heat in a 325°F degree oven for 15-20 minutes, just until heated through.
This recipe calls for cream cheese. If you're dairy-free like me, you can opt to substitute your favorite dairy-free cream cheese instead.
You can use vegan cream cheese and leave out the bacon to make this a vegan side dish. Instead of the bacon rendered fat in the beginning of the recipe, simply heat up vegan butter instead. About 3 tablespoons should do it, but feel free to use more or less depending on your personal preference. Then proceed with the remaining directions.
🍽 Serving ideas
Creamy confetti corn salad is a delicious side dish with almost any meal, but especially for summer cookouts and BBQs!
Serve it alongside our popular Filipino Pork BBQ Skewers, Soy Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Asparagus, or Build the Ultimate Burger Bar.
It's also great for dinners during colder months with comfort food like Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken, Instant Pot Filipino Adobo Chicken, and Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp.
🍉 More summer recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Creamy Confetti Corn
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces see notes for vegan alternative
- 4½ cups frozen corn kernels about 2 packages
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped zucchini
- 8 ounces cream cheese see notes for dairy-free alternative
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3-4 tablespoons green onions finely sliced
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chopped bacon to desired crispness. Remove bacon and place on a paper-towel lined plate. Drain bacon grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pan.
- Add the corn, onion, garlic, red pepper, zucchini to the pan and cook over medium heat. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir and cook until the vegetables are tender and the corn is heated through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and almond milk. Stir together until the cream cheese has melted.
- Stir in the basil and green onions, and immediately remove from heat.
- Serve warm topped with the reserved bacon. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
This would definitely be one way to get my family to eat more corn! Love all the bacon you've added. Such a great side dish!
Kelly Anthony says
I recently had something similar to this in dip form, and it was SO good! I'm sure it's way better on the side and with bacon ;)
This is the prettiest corn dish ever. Looks delicious!
Raia Todd says
Love all those veggies! And of course, everything is delicious with bacon... ;)
First of all, LOVE that this has bacon in it.
But I also love that you suggested some substitutes. Now I want to try making it in both of those ways!!