When you're craving a fast, refreshing, coffee-flavored snack with a little pick-me-up, try this Coffee Milkshake! We make this in our Ninja Creami, but also include easy-to-follow directions for making this with a blender.
Who needs Starbucks when you have a Ninja Creami or a blender at home?
Skip the $7 Frappaccino and the line, and instead whip up this fast, easy, delicious Coffee Milkshake. It's a super refreshing cold drink that's perfect for a hot summer day.
🌟 Why you'll love this recipe
This classic coffee milkshake is the perfect way to fuel up the morning of -- or a great way to cool down -- at the end of a hot day.
- Easy - This is an easy summer treat to make. I've included step-by-step directions below for how to make homemade milkshakes in a Ninja Creami or in a blender.
- Fast - You can whip this refreshing drink together in 10 minutes!
- Four ingredients - You only need four ingredients to make this coffee milkshake recipe.
- Delicious - This is the best coffee milkshake! With a rich coffee flavor, this is a delicious treat.
🛒 Ingredient notes
Ice cream - Use your favorite vanilla ice cream. For coffee lovers who want an even richer coffee flavor, you can use coffee ice cream. If you're a chocolate lover, try chocolate ice cream instead.
Milk- You can use whole milk, 2% or 1% milk, skim milk, or any non-dairy milk alternative like almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
Hot cocoa - Use your favorite hot cocoa mix.
Instant coffee - You can use instant coffee granules, or use instant espresso powder for more of a mocha milkshake with strong coffee flavor.
Optional ingredients: top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, dark chocolate shavings, mini chocolate chips, or chocolate covered espresso beans.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Full instructions for this creamy coffee milkshake are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here's a visual step-by-step photo guide to help you make these delicious shakes.
- Scoop the ice cream into the Ninja Creami pint.
2. Use a spoon to create a hole down the center of the ice cream.
3. Pour the milk into the hole.
4. Add the cocoa powder and instant coffee powder.
5. Place the pint in the Ninja Creami outer bowl and secure the lid and place into the Creami. Press the MILKSHAKE setting and allow the Creami to process the ingredients.
6. When processing is complete, the Creami will come to a stop. Remove the pint container.
7. Pour the milkshake into two glasses and serve immediately.
Add all ingredients to a blender and process until creamy. Pour into two tall glasses and serve immediately.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This chocolate coffee milkshake is best enjoyed right after it's made. But you can store itwithout any added toppings in an airtight container like a mason jar for up to 24 hours.
🍽 Serving ideas
Top these coffee milkshakes with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and chocolate covered espresso beans.
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this recipe? Here are the kitchen tools and equipment you'll need:
- Ninja Creami - I adore making milkshakes in the Ninja Creami! But if you don't have one, see the instructions above for making this easy recipe for a coffee shake in a blender.
More Ninja Creami recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
- 4-5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 Tablespoons hot cocoa powder
- Scoop the ice cream into the Ninja Creami pint. Use a spoon to create a hole down the center of the ice cream. Pour the milk into the hole, along with the instant coffee and hot cocoa powder.
- Place the pint into the Ninja Creami basket, cover, and secure in the Ninja Creami according to manufacturer directions.
- Press "milkshake" and the Ninja Creami will process the ingredients for a couple of minutes.
- Once the processing stops completely, remove the basket and pour the contents evenly divided into two large glasses.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and chocolate-covered espresso beans.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.