These festive Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are sweet, chewy holiday desserts. Perfect for Christmas cookie exchanges, holiday parties, and gift-giving!
The holiday baking season is here and I am so excited!
Among some of my favorite baked goods to make and give this holiday season are decorated gingerbread cookies, oreo truffles and peppermint truffles, sugar ginger molasses cookies, and gingerbread loaves with peppermint cream cheese frosting.
A fun and festive cookie recipe to add to the holiday baking sessions: red velvet crinkle cookies.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
These cookies are so tasty!! They're bright and colorful, and so much fun to eat -- and to give as gifts!
I've made Lemon Crinkle Cookies using lemon cake mix before. So I wanted to try a similar recipe with red velvet cake mix for the holidays. I've made this a few times now, and it's a hit!
What you need to make red velvet crinkle cookies
One of the best parts about this holiday cookie recipe: it takes just 5 ingredients!
To make these bright, colorful Christmas cookies, you'll need:
- A box of red velvet cake mix
- Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
How to make red velvet crinkle cookies
Making these holiday cookies is SO easy.
In a large bowl, mix together the red velvet cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and lemon zest.
Roll the dough into balls and then coat with powdered sugar.
Bake at 375°F for 8-9 minutes. Allow too cool before enjoying.
That's it! Super simple, right?
Can I freeze these holiday cookies?
These cookies will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3-5 days.
You can also freeze them for up to three months in a freezer-safe container. Freeze them in single layers with parchment paper in-between each layer. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookie Recipe
More holiday cookie recipes
- Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- 33 Freezer Friendly Holiday Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- Cinnamon Spritz Cookies
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box (15.25 oz) of Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowI. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the red velvet cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and lemon zest until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Roll the dough into 1.5" - 2" balls and then roll to coat with powdered sugar. Place approximately 2 inches apart on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper (cookies will spread, so be sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-9 minutes. Allow too cool before enjoying.